This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
American Express just launched an Amex Sync promotion where you will receive a $20 statement credit with a $100+ purchase at Macy’s. This is for purchases made online and in-store and goes through June 15, 2014. The best part of this deal is that gift card purchases made online DO count. I personally tried this myself this past December when Amex ran this promotion and had success.
To sync your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the Macy’s offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button
Since this is only available via your online account (and not Twitter), if you want to sync multiple Amex cards you will need to follow these directions first before you do anything.
Also, this is a targeted promotion and unfortunately none of my accounts received the offer. My moms account, on the other hand, did receive this offer. I really have no idea how they go about targeted accounts because we both shop at Macy’s often.
This promotion can be coupled with a few other offers available:
- 15% cash back through the Ebates online shopping portal. I wrote about this offer this morning and it is a great opportunity to save an additional 15%! Since you receive this as cash back from Ebates and not as a discount off your purchase, you do not need to take this into consideration with your $100+ purchase. The best thing is that you’ll still receive the 15% cash back even on that $20 statement credit!
- As of today, you can get an additional 25% off your Macy’s purchase using the promotion code ICONS during checkout (excludes home purchases so use promo code USA for 15% off home purchases). After this promotion is calculated, your entire order (which can include tax, shipping, etc.) must come to at least $100 to trigger the statement credit.
The Math: You can purchase a $134 item for $100 (due to the 25% off promotion code), and get $15 cash back through Ebates (15% off $100), and then get a $20 statement credit from American Express. So essentially you are really spending $65 for the $134 item – over 50% off!!! Of course though this does not take into consideration tax.
The Ebates terms do state: “Cash back is not available on Wedding Channel purchases or on the purchase of gift certificates, adjustments, reorders, corporate gift cards, mattresses or furniture.” So unfortunately you might not receive the 15% cash back for gift card purchases.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!
Thanks to reader Joey for letting me know of this promo!