This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Tomorrow’s Daily Getaway promotion (Week 1, Day 1) is offering the opportunity to purchase Wyndham Rewards points at a discount. This is one I took advantage of in 2011 and 2012, but starting last year did not provide as good of a value. Unfortunately, this year is even a worse value then last year, BUT… it still could be good for some!
14,000 Wyndham Rewards points
- Cost: $84 ($75.60 with Amex card)
- Availability: 500
- Deal: 14,000 points (can purchase 2 sets of points per loyalty number)
32,000 Wyndham Rewards points
- Cost: $192 ($172.80 with Amex card)
- Availability: 450
- Deal: 32,000 points (can purchase 1 set of points per loyalty number)
75,000 Wyndham Rewards points
- Cost: $450 ($405 with Amex card)
- Availability: 200
- Deal: 75,000 Wyndham points (can purchase 1 set of points per loyalty number)
40,000 Wyndham Rewards points
- Cost: $240 ($216 with Amex card)
- Availability: 440
- Deal: 40,000 Wyndham points (can purchase 1 set of points per loyalty number)
60,000 Wyndham Rewards points
- Cost: $360 ($324 with Amex card)
- Availability: 100
- Deal: 60,000 Wyndham, points (can purchase 1 set of points per loyalty number)
This means you are purchasing points at 0.6 cents each or .54 cents each with an Amex card. While this is the exact same price that points were sold for last year during this promotion, many Wyndham hotels have gotten more expensive and the transfer ratio to airlines has been cut in half. This is also double the price that points were sold for in 2011 and 2012.
While not as great as value as it has been in the past, some folks will definitely see the benefit to purchase these points over paying the hotel rate. I also do not foresee these packages selling out as quickly as they did a few years ago, so for those that are able to find a redemption opportunity will most likely not have as much competition. Keep in mind though that Wyndham reward points expire 4 years from the date they are deposited into your account and you must keep your account active every 18 months. From personal experience, they are pretty strict with this.
An example where purchasing points will make sense:
- Dream New York – This hotel requires 30,000 points for a free night, but this trendy hotel will cost you around $400/night! You can purchase 32,000 Wyndham points for as low as $172.80 to redeem for the free night. This goes for many other Wyndham properties in NYC.
- Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach – This hotel also requires 30,000 points for a free night, but over Christmas time can go for over $600 a night!
This deal will go on sale at 1pm EST TOMORROW Monday May 19th. While I do not think these packages will sell out right away, I still suggest getting your computer out a few minutes prior and continuously refreshing your browser. Also remember, like all other Daily Getaway promotions, you’ll receive 10% off the purchase price if you use any American Express credit card – so get your Amex card ready!