This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
With the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Credit Card sign up offer you can currently earn 2 free weekend nights plus a $100 statement credit.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after spending $100 or more on your first hotel stay in the Hilton HHonors Portfolio within the first 3 months of account opening. This is the additional limited time offer, so is great if you have an upcoming stay at any Hilton hotel. You can think of this as a free $100 towards your next stay! The downside though is that it is only valid for 3 months, so it is limited.
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio after $2,500 in purchases within 4 months of account opening
Application Link: Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve credit card
Overall, this is a solid card for a few reasons:
- The 2 free weekend night certificates can be used at extremely expensive hotels and you do not need to redeem more points for though high end categories, i.e., NYC, London, Maldives, Paris, etc. You can use them at a $1,000/night hotel room or a $100/night hotel room so you might as well go all out!
- You will receive automatic Gold status as long as you are a card member. Hilton Honors Gold status is by far the best mid-level status compared to all of the other hotel brands. You can get free breakfast (except for Walford Astoria and Vacation Club hotels), and many times you are able to get complimentary lounge access.
- You will get your 5th night free on all award reservations. This is a perk of having status and since you get Gold status with this card, you automatically get this benefit!
- You will get another free night certificate every year you spend $10,000 on the card within your cardmember year
There are other benefits of this card, but the 4 reasons above are the biggest perks, in my opinion. You can read more about the card in this prior blog post. Over the next few weeks I’ll be sure to write more about this card, the benefits, and the Hilton Honors program overall.
This is a card I’ve been eyeing for awhile now, but have not yet pulled the trigger as I want to ensure I use those two free night certificates at an amazing hotel. And since the certificates expire 12 months after they are earned I need to plan accordingly!
If you’ve been planning on getting this card in the near future, then this is a great offer as you get an added benefit of a $100 statement credit. However, I would not suggest pulling the trigger earlier then planned just because of the additional $100 credit. You really need to figure out when you’ll have a great usage for these two free nights and apply based on that. And remember, the two free nights are valid on weekends only! This includes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night stays.
If you currently have this card, where have you been able to use your two free certificate nights?
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card: Earn 2 free weekends nights to use at any Hilton portfolio hotel (excludes all-inclusive resorts, Hilton Grand timeshare properties, and Waldorf Astoria hotels with no standard rooms offered) – must spend $2,500 in 4 months to earn this bonus, plus earn a $100 statement credit after spending $100 or more on your first hotel stay in the Hilton HHonors Portfolio within the first 3 months of account opening; $95 annual fee. Card application link.
Disclosure: For those wondering, this is NOT an affiliate link, but still a really good offer!