This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Just recently, Marriott started a “Plus Points” program where you can get free points for participating in social media activities. You can earn up to 2,000 points on a monthly basis for a total of 12,000 points yearly. The best part of this is these points can be earned from the comfort of your home!
All the steps to link your Marriott Rewards account to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Foursquare can be found here.
You can then earn points by:
- Sharing or retweeting posts to Facebook or Twitter feeds each day
- Checking into properties on Facebook or Foursquare every day you visit
- Posting a photo each day to Instagram and tagging it with a property’s location
- Using #LoveMarriottRewards, #RenHotels or #Autograph in your daily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts
- Liking and following select brands and properties in Facebook or Twitter
Number of points you’ll earn with each activity:
Some things to know:
- You earning preference must be set to earn points, not miles
- This is only for Marriott Rewards members, not Ritz-Carlton Rewards members
- Not all brands and properties are participating, so make sure to look at the FAQ list to see qualifying brands/properties
Overall, this is a great way to earn free points every month!