This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
A new Amex Offers promotion just popped up where if you spend $50 or more at Sports Authority, you can get a $10 statement credit.
Unfortunately this offer is not available via Twitter, so you’ll need to check your AmericanExpress.com account and/or Facebook Amex page to see if you were targeted. This is now available via Twitter using hashtag #AmexSportsAuth. This is for in-store or online purchases at sportsauthority.com and expires August 31, 2014. The terms specifically state that eGift cards are excluded – but you should be fine purchasing a regular gift card online or in-store. Additionally, through August 2, you can get $50 off a $250 purchase.
To sync your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Sports Authority offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button
- Or, sign into your Facebook account and click the “Amex Offers” app (you can access it here if you do not currently have it enabled on your Facebook page). Find the Sports Authority offer and click the “Get Offer” button
- Or, sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexBestBuy
Combine with Living Social deal: There is currently a Living Social deal where you can purchase a $20 Sports Authority certificate for $10. Use coupon code LSBDAY and get $2 off, so really only paying $8. While this certificate can be combined with the Amex Offers deal, the total amount you put on your American Express credit card must be at least $50 AFTER taking into consideration the Living Social certificate. So you can ultimately purchase a $70 item (without taking tax into consideration) for $48.
Or, if you are purchasing a really expensive item, as mentioned above, you can get $50 off a $250 item. If you have multiple American Express cards and able to get the offer on multiple cards, you are best off first purchasing a gift card and then purchasing the item. If you are able to do this, you can purchase a $250 item for $158. This means you would be purchasing 3 gift $50 gift cards first. If you need more clarification, let me know!
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!