This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Back in June I wrote about a great travel Amex Sync promotion available through TripAdvisor. The deal was if you synced your American Express card with TripAdvisor and saved the offer to your card, you’d get a $30 statement credit with a $150+ purchase at Jetsetter.com. I personally have used Jetsetter a few times so find a $30 savings a great deal.
The good news is that a blog reader (thank you Sam!) informed me that purchasing Jetsetter gift cards triggers the statement credit. This is good to know because the promotion expires September 31, 2014 so purchasing a gift card will allow you to take advantage of this deal at a future date. As of today, Jetsetter gift cards DO NOT expire. So in theory you can purchase a gift card today, get the $30 statement credit, and redeem the gift card a year from now if you desire. However, I don’t recommend purchasing a gift card if you do not think you’ll use it for awhile though as deal websites can always shut down.
Remember, this promotion is available through TripAdvisor’s Amex Sync offers page, which is different then most of the Amex Sync opportunities I write about. Overall, there aren’t many offers available via this method (you can read more about TripAdvisor’s Amex Sync offers here).
To take advantage of this offer:
- First sync your Amex with TripAdvisor – this will take you no more than two minutes!
- Go to the TripAdvisor Amex site and click the “Save to Card” button under the Jetsetter offer – as of right now it is the only offer listed!
- Spend $150+ at Jetsetter with your synced Amex card – this excludes any fees that are paid directly to the hotel. The amount that hits your credit card from Jetsetter must be at least $150. The transaction must hit your credit card by September 31, 2014!
If you have multiple Amex cards, you can take advantage of this promotion multiple times. To do this though, you’ll need to create multiple TripAdvisor accounts and sync each Amex card you have to a different account. Purchasing gift cards in this manner will also allow you to purchase multiple gift cards to use for one transaction. This comes in handy if you are booking an expensive stay and then you can essentially get a $30 statement credit for every increment of $150 of the total bill (up to the amount of Amex cards you have).
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains my Jetsetter referral link. Feel free to leave your link in the comments section as well!