This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Back in July I wrote about a new Amex Offers promotion that surfaced, and I wanted to remind you all that it expires in just a few days on August 31, 2014. It allows you to get a $20 statement credit after you spend $20 or more on your synced American Express card at Amazon.com. That means $20 for FREE at Amazon! Unfortunately though, this is a targeted promotion. I’ve been checking Twitter often to see if a hashtag has appeared, but no such luck.
If you were targeted for this promotion and do not have a $20 purchase to make, you can always purchase a gift card, apply it to your account, and then use the credits later. I also believe some received a targeted promotion for spend $40, get $20 back. For those of you who order from Amazon quite often, this is still giving you $20 FREE!
To take advantage of this promotion:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the Amazon.com offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
Before you quickly save the offer to your account, check to see if you have multiple cards available for this offer. If so, you can save this offer on all targeted cards, but first read these instructions on how to do so. You need to either have separate accounts for your cards or open up different web browsers before saving the offer.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy your free Amazon purchases!