This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last month I posted about a great Amex Sync promotion where if you make a $250+ purchase at Best Buy you’ll receive a $25 statement credit. This is I believe the 3rd time this promotion has been available, and I’ve taken advantage every single time. This is a reminder that this offer expires today, Tuesday September 2, 2014.
In my opinion there are two ways to really take advantage of this offer:
- Best Buy gift card: Purchase a $250 Best Buy gift card to use at a future time. Just make sure you have a need for this in the near future as I hate purchasing gift cards that sit in the sock draw.
- Amazon gift card: Purchase a $250 Kindle gift card. Kindle gift cards can be added to your Amazon.com account to use as credits. To do this: Go to Your Account > Apply a Gift Card to Your Account > Enter the Gift Card Claim Code and click “Apply to your Account”. The gift card is then in your account and you do not need to worry about losing the physical card. This gift card will be applied to future Amazon.com orders.
You can also purchase iTunes and Facebook gift cards at Best Buy stores. Some stores even carry Visa gift cards! Purchasing gift cards in store WILL trigger the statement credit as long as the purchase is made in-store.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync.
- Tweet #AmexBestBuy
Remember, you can take advantage of this offer with every American Express credit card that you have!
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!