This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Another Amex Sync offer just surfaced this morning where you can get a $5 statement credit on a $15+ purchase at Walmart. And fortunately this one is available via Twitter so everyone is eligible and you can sync as many Amex cards as you have. This promotion, however, is only for online purchases at Walmart.com. With that being said, you can purchase a gift card online, get your statement credit, and then use it in-store if you’d like! This is valid for purchases through November 30, 2014.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexWalmart
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Walmart offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
The terms do state that reload gift cards are excluded, but nothing about regular gift cards. Walmart.com sells both Walmart gift cards and a bunch of other merchants gift cards (Subway, Starbucks, Southwest, etc.). I just purchased a $15 eGift card and within seconds received the “You Synced You Saved” confirmation email from American Express. This means eGift cards 100% work! You can then use these eGift cards online (up to 4 per transaction) or in-store at a future time.
To maximize your points/miles/cash back earned, make sure to go through an online shopping portal first. Although you might not get the points for a gift card purchase.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!