This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Through December 15, 2014, Hertz is running a pretty good promotion where you’ll receive double points on all your rentals. Typically you’ll receive one point per dollar spent, but with this promotion you’ll earn two points per dollar spent. Redeeming points start at 550 points for a free one day weekend rental and 675 points for a free one day weekday rental. You can review the full list of points needed to redeem for an award here.
There are a few caveats though:
- Only rentals made after registering for the promotion qualify, so if you have a previous rental reserved and the rate hasn’t changed, it would probably be best to cancel and rebook (after registering of course).
- Valid at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S.V.I., United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand only.
- Bonus points will not be awarded on rentals accruing other Frequent Travel Program Points, so ensure your earning preferences is updated – select to receive Hertz Gold Plus Reward points.
- You must be a Hertz gold Plus Rewards members and a resident of the US.
- Remember, some corporate rates do not allow you to earn points.
Also, in combination with the double points promotion, they are giving away 10 Hertz Dream Car Getaway packages. This includes a three-day Hertz Dream car rental, airfare for two, and a two-night weekend stay.
Those who rent with Hertz can receive more entries into the giveaway. Registering will get you one entry, but you’ll continue to receive additional entries for each rental through December 14, 2014 and if you add on any extras to your rental (i.e., GPS, SiriusXM, etc.) you will receive additional entries.
Make sure to register for this promotion here.
Thanks to Pizza in Motion for sharing this promotion.