This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
If you follow me on Twitter, you might have noticed that in the middle of the night I tweeted out another great Amex Sync offer for Staples. Through November 9, 2014, if you spend $100 at Staples with your synced American Express credit card, you will get a $20 statement credit. This is valid for in-store only purchases, NOT online. But the great thing is that this is available to EVERYONE since it is available via Twitter! And if you have multiple Amex cards you can sync them all!
To sync your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. This is the easiest way to sync multiple cards – here are detailed instructions on how to sync with Twitter. Tweet #AmexStaples
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Staples offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button
Taking advantage of this offer:
- Purchase merchant gift cards at Staples stores. Staples sells so many gift cards to other merchants. Some examples include iTunes, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lowe’s, Southwest, Marriott, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Panera, etc. There are so many gift card options which is great!!
- Purchase a Visa or Mastercard gift card. You can purchase a $100 Visa or Mastercard gift card at many Staples stores. They do come with a $5.95 fee, but since you’ll get the $20 statement credit you are still making money – $14.05 to be exact. You can then use this gift card anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. Or if you are looking for holiday gifts for someone! If you use an American Express card that gets you 5x points at office supply stores (i.e., Amex Simply Cash card), this will then earn you additional points.
- Purchase a free after rebate item. Many times Staples sells many items that ultimately end up being free after you submit a rebate for the exact same amount you paid. American Express just sees the amount you pay for the item on your synced card and doesn’t care/know if you are getting a check back for the purchased amount. So that is one way to potentially get $20 essentially free. I’ll write more about this option when a good Free After Rebate (FAR) item presents itself.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!