This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Back in October I wrote about an opportunities to make money with the current Staples Amex Sync promotion! The offer gives you a $20 statement credit with a $100+ purchase at Staples with your synced American Express credit card. While this offer was available with Twitter (hashtag #AmexStaples), unfortunately the maximum enrollment has already been met. So this is is a reminder for those that have already synced their cards to take advantage ASAP as this offer ends tomorrow, November 9, 2014. This is also a good reminder to follow me on Twitter to get the most up to date notices and not miss out on any of these Amex Sync offers. While I did tweet out this offer in the middle of the night the day it came out, by around 8am ET the enrollment limit was already met!
Taking advantage of this offer (for those already registered):
- Purchase merchant gift cards at Staples stores. Staples sells so many gift cards to other merchants. Some examples include iTunes, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lowe’s, Southwest, Marriott, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Panera, etc. There are so many gift card options which is great!!
- Purchase a Visa or Mastercard gift card. You can purchase a $100 Visa or Mastercard gift card at many Staples stores. They do come with a $5.95 fee, but since you’ll get the $20 statement credit you are still making money – $14.05 to be exact. You can then use this gift card anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. Or if you are looking for holiday gifts for someone! If you use an American Express card that gets you 5x points at office supply stores (i.e., Amex Simply Cash card), this will then earn you additional points.
- Purchase in store items. While this is not a “money making” opportunity, it will get you a nice discount on an already desired purchase. Take a week at their weekly flyer for this week (ends today, Saturday)) and next week (starts tomorrow, Sunday) and you will see some good deals on many items including Kindles, iPads, shredders, etc. Just make sure your total purchase (including tax and before easy rebates) is $100 or more.
Remember, this is for IN-STORE purchases only.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards