This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
UPDATE: Check out this updated post to see how you can actually take advantage of the $20 off promotion even if you were not targeted! I was able to take advantage by spending a few minutes with Amazon.com chat!
A few weeks ago I wrote about a nice offer to get $20 off an Amazon.com purchase. It is a great offer for those targeted, but ends TODAY, November 9, 2014. The best part of the promotion is that you can purchase a gift card to another merchant and still get the $20 off!!
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible American Express Card to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $20 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Remember, merchant gift card purchases work!
- On the payment page, select your Membership Rewards earning credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP20AMR. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $20 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $20 free at Amazon!