This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
American Express came out with a new Amex Sync offer yesterday where you get a $25 statement credit with a $125+ purchase at J.Crew. This promotion is also available via Twitter so everyone is eligible and you can maximize this offer by syncing all your American Express credit cards. This is valid for online or in-store offers.
On top of the Amex Sync offer, J.Crew just launched a promotion which runs through November 17, 2014 where you can get 25% off your entire purchase. So without taking into consideration tax (since tax rules vary per state), you can purchase a $167 worth of items for $100.25 – that is 40% off your purchase!!!! J.Crew can be quite expensive so two get two savings is awesome – especially when both are rare finds. I personally was able to go in this morning and return and re-buy a purchase from this past weekend – it saved me $73.13!
To enroll in the Amex Sync offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexJCrew
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the J.Crew offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up separate Twitter accounts to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
To get 25% off your entire J.Crew purchase:
- In-store: The promotion will automatically apply
- Online: Use promotion code SHOPNOW.
Also, if you are a J.Crew card member you get 30% off instead of 25% off, but then you won’t be eligible for the Amex $25 statement credit. Although, in this scenario I suggest purchasing $125 gift cards and maybe they will still give you the 30% off if you tell them you want to use a gift card and show them your J.Crew credit card. I am really not sure since I do not have one.
And remember to go through an online shopping portal if you are making a purchase online. TopCashBack.com and Mr.Rebates is giving 3% cash back, Chase Ultimate Rewards is 3 points per dollar spent, and American Airlines is 3 miles per dollar spent. There are also a bunch of online shopping portal bonuses that you can read about here: “Shopping Portal Sign Up Bonuses” and “Online Shopping Portal Bonus Roundup“.
Remember, you can fully maximize by purchasing a gift card to use with the current 25% off offer or if you prefer to use at a future date. J.Crew gift cards can also be used at the factory store or Madewell.
To learn more about American Express Sync promotions:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!