This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Earlier this morning I wrote about a way to get 34% off a gift card purchase, however, it is limited to one transaction per account. However, based on the new Amex Offers available that I wrote about yesterday, you can get 20% off the purchase of many gift cards and you are only limited to the number of American Express credit cards you have. Amongst the list was an offer to get a $5 statement credit at Toys R U or Babies R Us with a $25 or more purchase in a single transaction. This is a great offer as it is essentially 20% off and it is available via Twitter so you can sync all of your Amex credit cards with no problem (Twitter hashtag #AmexToysRUs).
Well, if you are not in the market for items at Toys R Us or Babies R Us, you can actually purchase gift cards at these two retailers for many other merchants. While gift card availability varies by store, some merchant gift cards include: Amazon, iTunes, Subway, Burger King, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesdays, Chili’s, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, UNOs, Outback, Dunkin’ Donuts, Cracker Barrel, AMC, Ticketmaster, Regal Movies, Xbox, Shell, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
So let’s say you have four eligible American Express credit cards. First off, make sure to register for the offer for each individual card (you must register prior to your purchase). Then, head to your local Toys R Us or Babies R Us store and purchase four $25 gift cards to the merchant of your choice. To make life easy, I suggest purchasing them in separate transactions using a different card for each purchase. Each card is only eligible for the promotion once. This will ultimately get you $100 worth of gift cards for only $80. While you will be paying Toys R Us/Babies R Us the full $25 per gift card, you will see $5 come off as a statement credit within the week.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexToysRUs
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Toys R Us/Babies R Us offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
To learn more about these American Express promotions:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers promos here. Enjoy!