This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Back in September I wrote about a great Amex Sync opportunity where you could get a $5 statement credit with every $15+ purchase at Walmart.com. Originally, this offer was set to expire on November 30, 2014, but fortunately it was extended till December 31, 2014. This offer is available via Twitter so everyone is eligible and you can sync as many Amex cards as you have. This promotion is only available for online purchases, not in-store. However, you can purchase a gift card online to get the statement credit and then use it in-store. I suggest registering for this offer ASAP as enrollment is limited.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexWalmart
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Walmart offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
My experience purchasing Walmart gift cards online: Purchasing Walmart gift cards online was a little more complicated than it should have been. Starting with my first order, my purchase would go through and then a few minutes later I would receive a purchase cancellation email. This was for both physical and eGift cards. After a 10 minute phone call, they were able to verify my account that they were legit purchases and not fraudulent. Thereafter, I was able to purchase multiple gift cards from my account with no issue (just make sure you purchase them for the account that was verified).
To maximize your points/miles/cash back earned, make sure to go through an online shopping portal first. Although you might not get the points for a gift card purchase.
Learn more about Amex Offers here:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!