This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I wrote about the US Airways credit card bonus a month or so ago as you only have a limited time to apply for the card before it is extinct (at some point prior to the US Airways and American Airlines final merger). While this exact date is still TBD, it will probably be in the early part of 2015. When I wrote about the card a month ago, the best available offer was 40,000 miles + an additional 10,000 miles on your account anniversary.
Well, a new Limited Time offer for the US Airways credit card bonus was just announced where you can earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. US Airways Credit Card application link. While this ultimately gives you the same 50,000 miles, you are able to get them all right away instead of having to wait a year and pay a second annual fee. I personally applied for this offer a month ago through a targeted offer, but I am glad to see that the same exact offer is now available to everyone! All you have to do is make one purchase (it can be $1 if desired!) and pay the annual fee of $89. The minimum spend requirement is much easier to meet then many other card offers! While you are earning US Airways miles in the time being, eventually these miles will be rolled into the American Airlines AAdvantage program.
Card Member benefits:
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
And one of the best perks of the card is that when you redeem for award travel, you’ll get a 5,000 mile discount for US Airways flights. Of course, once this card goes away and turns into an American Airlines AAdvantage MasterCard from Barclaycard, that benefit is going away. The annual $99 companion pass benefit is also vanishing. But for now, you an still book flights now to get the benefit even if travel is not until 2015.
Now, there is also another offer out there for those with preferred status where you get 50,000 miles after making your first purchase and paying the annual $89 fee, plus an additional 10,000 bonus miles on your first anniversary. I personally have no status with US Airways and did not apply through this link a few months ago, so I cannot speak from personal experience whether or not this works for those who do not have preferred status. However, I have read reports that non-preferred members have been able to get the bonus miles. If you are interested in this offer it can be found here.
- US Airways Premier World MasterCard: Earn 50,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee.