This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Yesterday I wrote about ways to save money on travel with Amex Offers at Marriott, Hyatt, DoubleTree, Conrad, and Virgin America. While it includes some great ways to receive a statement credit, there are other ways to continue to save money for road trips, airfare, hotels, and even Disney! By purchasing gift card through a merchant that currently has an Amex Offer to give you a statement credit, you can ultimately save a ton of money on travel!
- Office Depot / Office Max: Spend $50+, get a $10 statement credit. Expires 12/31/14; Tweet: #AmexOffice Depot; Related blog post
- At Office Depot you can purchase: Shell and Exxon/Mobile gift cards
- At Office Max you can purchase: Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Disney, Sears, and Southwest gift cards
- At Babies R Us and Toys R Us you can purchase Shell gift cards by using a Toys R Us or Babies R Us gift card, and at Sears you can purchase a Southwest gift card by using a Sears gift card (although they are VERY hard to find!)
- Amazon.com: Spend $15+, get a $15 statement credit. Expires 12/31/14; This is an extremely targeted offer so you will need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible; Related blog post
- At Amazon.com you can purchase: Southwest gift card
- Toys R Us / Babies R Us: Spend $25+ in-store, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 12/31/14.; Tweet: #AmexToysRUs; Related blog post
- At Toys R Us you can purchase: Shell gift card
- At Babies R Us You can purchase: Shell gift card
- Toys R Us / Babies R Us: Spend $75+ online, get a $15 statement credit. Expires 12/31/14. This is a targeted offer so you will need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible
- At Toys R Us or Babies R Us: You can only purchase a store gift card, but then go into the store and purchase the respective merchants gift cards listed above.
- Walmart.com: Spend $15+, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2014; Tweet #AmexWalmart; Related blog post
- At Walmart.com you can purchase: Southwest gift card
- Newegg.com: Spend $200, get a $25 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2014. Tweet: #AmexNewegg; Related blog post
- At Newegg.com you can purchase: American Airlines, Hyatt, Carnival Cruise, Royal Caribbean, BedandBreakfast.com, Celebrity Cruises, and Westgate Resorts gift cards
This is ultimately a back door method to saving money on your upcoming trips and vacations! And remember, for Hyatt gift cards for example, you can use the gift card for ANYTHING that is charged to your room bill. So even if you are using points but have other incidentals on your bill (i.e., activities, dinners, etc.), you can use the gift card for those purchases.
Let me know if you have any questions!