This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
As long as you have an American Express credit card! A few days ago, I posted that there is an Amex Offers promotion where you could receive a $50 statement credit for a $250+ transaction at a Hilton hotel. Within the post I also said that it was targeted for select American Express accounts. Thanks to reader Kent though for pointing out there is actually a Twitter hashtag for this promotion, which means it is available for everyone regardless if you see it in your AmericanExpress.com account or not. This also means that if you have a card that doesn’t show up in your online account (authorized users, Citi-co branded Amex cards (American Airlines, Hilton, etc.), store Amex cards (Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Costco, etc.), Serve, and Bluebird, you can still register!
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexHilton
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Hilton Hotels offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Remember to register sooner than later as there is maximum enrollment for this offer and this could potentially fill up fast
A few people have asked whether or not you can purchase a $250 gift card to trigger the $50 statement. While this is the best way to go about this type of promotion and it worked great with Marriott and Hyatt Place, unfortunately I do not think Hilton sells gift cards. And purchasing gift cards online will NOT trigger the statement credit. If you by chance find a Hilton that sells gift cards please share, but I really do not think there are any out there that do.
Maximizing your statement credit:
- If you have a stay that is less than $250: If you have a stay that is slightly less than $250, remember that it is your total bill that counts. So taxes and any other incidentals that are charged to your room count – this could include anything from a bottle of water to spa services to your onsite restaurant bill to lift tickets to excursion .
- If you have a stay that is more than $250. If you have a stay that is way more than $250 and have multiple registered Amex credit cards, ask the hotel to split payment amongst your credit cards. For example, if your stay ends up to be $550, put $250 on one card and $300 on another card.
To learn more about enrolling your card via Twitter, make sure to check out these recent posts: “Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter“, “Simplify your Life… Register for Amex Offers with Tweet Deck“