This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Amex Offer just launched a great promotion where you can ultimately get a $30 statement credit by paying your cell phone bill with a registered American Express credit card. This is available for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon. It is advertised as a $10 statement credit with a $75+ transaction, but you are able to do this 3 times ultimately giving you the $30. Unfortunately though, this is a targeted promotion and only available through your AmericanExpress.com account, not Twitter. This means you must check your account to see if you are eligible. You must register your card by April 14, but have until July 15, 2015 for the three transactions to go through.
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the “Save On Your Cell Phone Bill” offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
I am 3 out of 9 with cards eligible for this offer, so it seems to be pretty targeted. Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to sync multiple cards. Do not click the “Save Offer” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
Now, I personally pay my cell phone bill with my Chase Ink card since I get 5x points (the Amex SimplyCash card also gives 5x points). While 5x points is better than the 1x point you’ll earn with almost any other American Express card, getting a $10 statement credit on a $75 purchase, or a 13.3% return is much better for most. If you have your bill set up to auto pay on a non registered card, you can actively go ahead and pay your bill ahead of time and put a credit on your account for $75. Personally, I suggest three days in a row paying $75 towards your bill to just get it out of the way.
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!