This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’ve written about the US Airways MasterCard a few times and every time stated that due to the merger the opportunity to sign up for the card and earn the sign up bonus will end soon. Well it seems like the end is near…
I received an email last night from US Airways letting me know that my current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard will soon be replaced with the AAdvantage Aviator Red MasterCard. I am told that my new card will arrive sometime between April 1 and July 15, 2015. To me, that reads that the US Airways credit card will go away by March 31, 2015. So, if you are planning on applying for this card I suggest doing so much sooner as you never know when it will all of the sudden disappear from the site. Since these miles will eventually transfer over to your American Airlines account, if you are looking to build your American Airlines point balance this is a good opportunity.
The current sign up bonus is 50,000 miles after your first purchase of the card and payment of the $89 annual fee (application link). This is a great sign up bonus for literally just using it once. I personally bought a candy bar, paid the annual fee and received the bonus miles! Remember, you will initially get US Airways miles that you can redeem through their loyalty program, but as mentioned above, they will eventually transfer over to your linked American Airlines account.
There are actually going to be four versions of the AAdvantage® Aviator™ MasterCard® by Barclaycard. My email stated that I would be getting the “Red” version in the mail, but the other three are “Blue“, “Silver“, and “Regular“. The Silver version gives you the most benefits, followed by the red, blue, then regular (no color associated with it).
- Silver: 3x miles on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 2x points on hotels and car rentals; 5,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) for each $20,000 in annual purchases made with your card (10,000 maximum EQMs per year); 10% of redeemed miles back to your account (up to 10,000 miles every year); Global Entry reimbursement ($100 value); Free checked bag (for you and up to 8 traveling companions)
- Red: 2x miles on US Airways and American Airlines purchases; 10% of redeemed miles back to your account (up to 10,000 miles every year); Free checked bag (for you and up to 4 traveling companions); $100 discount on a future flight when you spend $30,000 on the card in the year
- Blue: 2x miles on US Airways and American Airlines purchases
- Regular: 1x miles on US Airways and American Airlines purchases
For those that like to jump on sign up offers, I highly recommend this one. Especially if you’ve maxed out all the other American Airlines co-branded cards.
- US Airways Premier World MasterCard: Earn 50,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee.
Note: This post does NOT contain affiliate links. This is a really good offer for a card this will expire soon so I highly suggest it! Just keep in mind that Barclarys is harder to get approved than many other issuers.