This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection. I am an ambassador and was compensated for my participation, but all opinions are my own and do not represent those of Visa.
I don’t know about you, but with this recent string of near freezing weather in the Northeast, all I can think about is taking a vacation! I’ve been learning more about the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection over the past few months so figured I’d check out their site to see if there were any good deals for a Summer vacation. To my surprise, there was an entire page on the site dedicated to deals – my favorite 4 letter word!
While you already get some great benefits by booking a hotel room through the site which I’ll go over later again in this post (related blog post) (which I’ll go over again later in this post), there is also the opportunity to grab some “Limited Time Offers.” With the site, you are always guaranteed the best available rate which means that the rate you book at will never be more than if you book through the hotel website directly (assuming no member only rates, i.e., AAA, corporate rates, etc.). However, with these limited time offers you can save even more! From what I see, the limited time offers fall into three categories: 1) Extra dining credit, 2) A free night, or 3) An additional percentage off.
For example, we are thinking about taking a family trip to Orlando. My daughter is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and we thought a long weekend getaway at the end of the summer would be just perfect. While the site states that rates are starting as low as $189/night, most nights I found a $209/night rate. This property is offering not one, but two additional deals! On top of the 7 benefits you already receive, you’ll get an additional $75 dining credit as well as a $75 Visa gift card sent to you in the mail after your stay! The Visa Signature hotel site is running a special offer for all Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels where if you book by July 31 and stay by October 31, 2015, you’ll receive a $75 Visa gift card. For both of these particular offers, the only criteria is that your stay must fall within the eligible dates and must be 2+ nights.
When I compare this hotel against booking through Hilton directly, I am not only getting a better rate, but the resort fee included! You can see in the description at the Visa Signature site that “a daily resort fee (plus tax) is included in the total of your reservation,” which is awesome as the hotel typically charges $30 a night! Booking through Hilton directly does offer a rate that gives you a $100 resort credit, but costs $25 more a night!
In addition to the $75 limited time offer credit and $75 Visa Signature gift card, I will also receive the normal benefits by booking through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection site. This includes:
- Best available rate guarantee
- Complimentary continental breakfast daily
- $25 food and beverage voucher
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, if available
- Free in-room internet, when available
- 3PM late check-out, upon request
- VIP guest status
So by booking through the Visa Signature site, I will hopefully get upgraded to a view of Disney, receive complimentary breakfast which I wouldn’t receive with my Hilton Gold status at a Waldorf property, and an additional $25 food and beverage voucher. By having Gold status, I would have received free WiFi and late checkout anyways. In total, I’ll get $100 credit to use at the resort which will come in handy, receive a $75 gift card, complimentary breakfast will save us about $50 in total (compared to eating off the property, but the convenience is priceless!) – ultimately I think of this as $225 off my stay! And do not forget… I won’t have to pay the $30/night resort fee! Even comparing the Visa Signature $209 rate against Hilton’s $199 AAA rate, we are still coming out way ahead!
While there are 50 hotels listed on the “Limited Time Offers” page, in additional to my personal Orlando find, I wanted to point out my personal favorite top 5 deals:
- Hotel Hesperia Madrid, Spain – Pay for 2 night, get your 3rd night free! Rates starting as low as $120/night.
- Mondrian South Beach, Miami – Stay 2 nights and get an additional $75 credit, plus 10% off the best publicly available! Rates starting as low as $246/night.
- Turtle Bay Resort Kahuku, Honolulu – Pay for 4 nights, get your 5th night free! Rates starting as low as $223/night.
- Conrad Istanbul, Turkey – Stay 2 nights and get an additional $100 dining credit + 20% off the best publicly available rate + $75 Visa gift card! Rates starting as low as $119/night.
- La Maison Champs Élysées Paris, France – Get 20% off the best publicly available rate! Rates starting as low as $228/night.
Remember, all hotels part of the collection are hand picked and have all received a high rating. That means at all hotels listed you should receive nothing but luxury accommodations! The list of Limited Time Offers changes from time to time, so make sure to keep checking back to see if there are any additional good deals for your vacation destination.
Some things to keep in mind:
- As long as you have a Visa Signature credit card, you receive access to the Visa Signature Luxury Collection hotel site! If you are in the points and miles game, you most likely have a Visa Signature card! Some common points/miles cards include: British Airways, Southwest, Hyatt, United, Wyndham Rewards, Citi Hilton Visa, Alaska Airlines, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire, Chase Freedom, Marriott Rewards, CapitalOne Venture, CapitalOne Quicksilver, US Bank FlexPerks Visa, Club Carlson Premier, and many more…
- If you are staying at a chain hotel (i.e., Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz, Starwood, Hilton, InterContinental, etc.), you will still receive points during your stay! You will also receive any stay and nights credit towards status.
- If you already have status at a hotel you are staying at, you will still receive any additional perks you are entitled to!
While I always suggest comparing rates to ensure you are getting the best available price, I highly suggest checking out the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection site to see if there are any good deals for your next vacation. Since I am not traveling as much as I used to, I have lost a lot of my hotel status. The perks received by using this site and my Visa Signature card allow me to not only great a good deal, but receive many of the perks of having status without actually having to have the status! I personally had a great stay at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas a few months ago and it was booked through the site.
Stay tuned next week for a nice giveaway to help you book your next hotel reservation for less through the Visa Signature Luxury Collection site…