This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
First off, this is a amazing promotion and as long as you have an American Express credit card you are able to partake! A new Amex Offers appeared this morning where if you spend $20 or more at Sam’s Club online, you’ll receive a $20 statement credit. That means $20 for FREE! The best part about this promotion is that you can register via Twitter which means you can take advantage on every single American Express card you have! Ultimately, this means you can get a lot of free stuff from Sam’s Club!
- Sync every American Express credit card you have with Twitter. If you have not already done this, follow the directions outlined in this previous blog post.
- Tweet #AmexSamsClub from EVERY twitter account. I personally use TweetDeck to simplify my life as I am able to just send off one tweet and it registers all my accounts!
- Make your $20+ purchase by September 30, 2015.
Now, if you do not already have a Sam’s Club membership, there is a nice opportunity to purchase one at a discount. I wrote about this last week, but Groupon is selling a “Plus” membership to Sam’s Club for $45. You will also receive a $20 gift card and some vouchers for free food. Ultimately, the membership is $25 if you factor in the gift card. This offer from Groupon is only available for the next three days or until it sells out.
As long as you have two or more American Express credit cards, you should absolutely purchase the Sam’s Club membership from Groupon as you will come out ahead! Also, you can just purchase one membership and all family members can use that one account to make their $20 purchase. For example, Mr. Deals and I have I think 10 American Express credit cards off the top of my head. This includes store co-branded cards like Macy’s and Bloomingdales (since they work for the Amex Offers available via Twitter!). This means we can get $200 for free stuff and it is only going to cost me $25 to purchase the membership. This means I am ahead $175. Not only that, my parents and other family members and friends can use my Sam’s Club account with their registered Amex cards to make the $20 purchase.
A few things to know:
- To save additional money on the Groupon purchase, go through an online shopping portal (this will give you additional cash back or points/miles for your purchase).
- To redeem the Groupon purchase you MUST redeem it at a Sam’s Club store. If you do not live near a store, this is not the right purchase for you!
- The statement credit is only for online purchases at SamsClub.com. You will NOT receive a statement credit for in-store purchases.
- Sam’s Club sells gift cards to their own store as well as other merchants online (i.e., Visa, iTunes, Southwest, Subway, Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory, Disney, and MANY MORE!). Purchasing one of these gift cards should register the statement credit, although I haven’t yet tried it myself .
- Assuming a Sam’s Club gift card purchase online triggers the statement credit, you can then use the gift card in-store. Additionally, you can then use multiple gift cards for an online purchase that is great than $20 to maximize your savings.
- A reader told me that orders are being coded from the Sam’s Club Photo department and that is excluded from receiving a statement credit, so you might want to hold off on making your purchase until there is a successful report of the credit going through.
- Non-members can make purchases from SamsClub.com, but will be charged an additional 10%. Non-members also cannot receive e-gift cards. Depending on how many Amex cards you have will determine whether or not purchasing a gift card is necessary.
This is an amazing opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not. Also the fact that it is available via Twitter is great as you can register ALL cards seamlessly and those not available on your AmericanExpress.com account. All additional authorized users are eligible too! And… Sam’s Club sells items for everybody! You can purchase anything from food to toys to clothing to diapers. Just remember those that capacity is limited so register ASAP!
Hope you all enjoy the promotions. This is the top reason why I love American Express credit cards!