This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Since credit card offers are constantly changing, I wanted to point out my top 5 offers on a monthly basis Of course this list does not include all offers currently available (you can see a compiled list here), but every month I limit it to five cards and include all of the limited time offers (those just announced and those expiring soon). So here are my personal favorite credit cards for May 2015:
- IHG Rewards Club Select Visa: Earn 70,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. First year annual fee is waived, then $49 a year. Limited time offer expires May 31, 2015. UPDATE: This offer has expired.
- Perks: The absolute best perk of the InterContinental Hotels Group credit card is that you get a free award night annually starting with your first anniversary year. This free night can be used atANY InterContinental property (which includes Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, EVEN, Stabridge Suites, Hotel Indigo). They have some amazing properties, including Bora Bora, Rome, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Miami South Beach, etc. This more then pays for the $49 a year fee! Also, when using your points you earn a 10% rebate on any award redemption.
- Related Blog Posts: Using IHG Visa Free Night at an Expensive InterContinental Hotel; Free Night Annually with the IHG Credit Card; IHG Loyalty Program Series
- Application Link: IHG Rewards Club Select Visa
- Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card: Earn up to 85,000 points depending on which of the four cards you apply for (there are three personal cards and one business card). With some of the cards you earn yearly bonus points for account renewal (which more then makes up for the annual fee in my opinion). Annual fee varies based on the card you apply for. The only reason I am including this offer is because you still have time to apply, get approved, and then use your points already in your account to maximize the stay one night, get the second night free benefit.
- Perks: While the sign up bonus and annual renewal bonus is great, the absolute best perk of this card is that you receive a FREE night with every reservation you book with points. This perk is ending May 31, 2015 so book your free nights soon! For example, if you use your points and book a 2 night stay at a hotel in London, you are only being charged the points for the first night and then 2nd night is completely free! If you use your points to book a 3 night stay then you will pay for the first and second night and your third night is free. The free night comes off the last night of your reservation. Two night stays is really the sweet spot of this perk!
- Related Blog Posts: New Club Carlson Credit Card + Awesome Perks/Bonus; Maximizing the Club Carlson Free Night Credit Card Perk; Is the Club Carlson Credit Card Worth it?; Club Carlson Getting Rid of the Free Night Benefit
- Application Link: Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- United: Earn 50,000 miles after $3,000 spend within the first three months. $95 annual fee waived the first year. You can also earn an additional 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user and make a purchase with your card during the first 3 months as a cardmember. Limited time offer ends June 2, 2015. UPDATE: This offer has expired
- Perks: By being a cardholder, you and a traveling companion on the same reservation will be able to check your first standard bag for free on United-operated flight (must have purchased the ticket with your United credit card). You’ll also get priority boarding and 2 United Club passes per year. This card also has no foreign transaction fees and gives a 10,000 mile bonus each calendar year when you make $25,000 in net purchases on the card. I probably would not recommend this card for every day spend, and instead would refer you to a credit card earning Chase Ultimate Reward points, but this is good for the sign up offer and the free checked baggage. Chase Ultimate Reward points transfer to United at a 1:1 ratio and with those cards there are many more opportunities to earn more bonus points. You also get the flexibility to use your points elsewhere if needed.
- Related Blog Posts: 50,000 Point Offer for United Credit Card; An Even Better United Credit Card Offer
- Application Link: United MileagePlus Explorer credit card (some people have been able to see an offer giving them a $50 statement credit as well when they go through the United.com website – check out this post to learn more)
- Chase Ink Cash: Earn 30,000 points after $3,000 spend within the first three months. No annual fee. Limited time offer ends May 25, 2015. UPDATE: This offer has expired.
- Perks:While this card is also part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, the points earned cannot be transferred directly to a partner loyalty program. You can either cash your points out for cash with 1 point = 1 cent, or you can transfer your points to a Chase Ink Plus or Bold account and then transfer your points to a loyalty partner. Chase allows you to freely transfer your points from one Chase Ultimate Rewards account to another (it must be an account in your or a significant others name). This card also earns 5x points at office supply stores and on all telecommunication costs (cell phone, internet, etc.). This card also earns 2x points at gas stations and restaurants.
- Related Blog Posts: Chase Ultimate Rewards Blog Series; Chase Ink Cash Increased Sign Up Offer
- Application Link: Chase Ink Cash Application Link
- Chase Ink Plus: Earn 60,000 points after $5,000 spend within the first three months. $95/year annual fee. Limited time offer ends May 25, 2015. You can also refer your friends to the card and you can get 5,000 points if they apply, get approved, and meet the minimum spend requirement. NOTE: This offer has expired
- Perks: This card is part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program and points earned can be transferred to many loyalty programs (my favorites being Hyatt, British Airways, and United). One of the best perks of this card is that you get 5x points at office supply stores and on all telecommunication costs (cell phone, internet, etc.). At office supply stores your entire purchase earns the 5x benefit, including gift card purchases! For telecommunications, let’s say you spend $400/month on everything (pretty easy to do for a family, unfortunately!), that will give you 24,000 points a year – or close enough to a domestic plane ticket!
- Related Blog Posts: Chase Ultimate Rewards Blog Series; Increased Chase Ink Plus Sign Up Offer + 5,000 Points for Referring Friends
- Application Link: Chase Ink Plus Application Link
What are some of your favorite offers?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!