This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A ton of awesome Amex Offers surfaced yesterday and with that there are two hotel specific offers that will allow you to receive a statement credit (i.e., SAVE MONEY!) when staying at two different hotel brands – Hilton Garden Inn and Four Seasons.
- Hilton Garden Inn: If you spend $150 or more at a Hilton Garden Inn and pay with your registered American Express credit card, you’ll receive a $30 statement credit. This is valid ONLY at Hilton Garden Inn properties, not other properties under the Hilton brand (i.e., Hilton Resorts, Doubletree, etc.). I do not believe they sell gift cards at their properties, so purchasing a gift card to use at a future date will not work. This offer is eligible to everyone. You can sync your American Express card with Twitter and then tweet #AmexHGI to register for the promotion. I highly suggest you create one Twitter account per American Express card you have to take advantage multiple time. This is valid through August 20, 2015.
- Four Seasons Hotels: If you spend $800 or more at a Four Seasons Hotel, you’ll get a $150 statement credit. This offer is eligible only to targeted accounts so you must check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you can enroll in this offer. Quite honestly, I’ve never stayed at a Four Seasons hotel, so I am not sure if they sell gift cards. However, if they do, then you should be able to purchase a gift card at any Four Seasons (even if you are not a guest) and use it on a future stay. If you have multiple Amex cards, make sure to read this post first prior to registering your card. You’ll want to ensure to register as many Amex cards you have and then split payment upon checkout. This is valid through August 31, 2015.
For both these offers, your total bill must be the minimum spend. That includes all taxes/fees, restaurant charges, incidentals, etc. American Express just sees the total amount that hits your bill, the room rate doesn’t actually matter. Additionally, the charge must hit your credit card by this date, it cannot be that you simply check into the hotel by this date. If you have a stay for a future date and make a prepaid reservation, it might still trigger the statement credit.
To learn more about Amex Offers, make sure to read through these posts:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.