This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
For awhile now, you’ve been able to use your American Express Membership Reward points to pay for Amazon.com purchases. For every 1 point you redeem you get 1 cent off your purchase, definitely not a value I’d redeem my points at. BUT…. for a limited time, if you link your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon.com account you can get $15 off your purchase of $50 or more! There are three stipulations to this deal: 1) You must be targeted (although read the bottom of the post to see how you can get customer service to manually credit you the $15 if you were not targeted), 2) You must have an American Express credit card that earns Membership Reward points, and 3) you must spend $50 or more on items that are sold and shipped by Amazon. So if you meet requirements 1 and 2, spending $50 at Amazon.com to get $15 off is easy to do! I will take $15 FREE at Amazon.com any day! This promotion ends July 31, 2015.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible American Express Card to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $50 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well, so you can go ahead and search for merchant gift cards here.
- On the payment page, select your Membership Rewards earning credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP07AXP15. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $15 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
If you were not targeted for this offer, you still might be able to get customer service to manually apply the $15 discount to your order. I will be trying this later today when I have a free moment and will be sure to report back. This worked well with the most recent Amazon.com / Chase Ultimate Rewards promotion. Directions on contacting customer service and getting this applied are similar to this past post (just keep in mind that the coupon code and discount is different.
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $15 free at Amazon!
You can read more about this offer in this Slickdeals alert I received first thing this morning, although I pretty much summed up all the details above!