This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
National Car Rental just announced their “One Two Free” promotion, where Emerald Club members earn a free rental certificate for every two qualifying rentals between August 20, 2015 and January 31, 2016. A qualifying rental consists of a paid rental of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days. In the past you MUST have registered for this promotion prior to making any reservations, but I cannot find that in this year terms so I am not sure if that holds true or not. I am currently trying to find out but in the meantime I suggest canceling and re-booking and prior rentals to ensure current reservations count. If you are not currently a National Car Rental Emerald Club member, you will need to first join the program (which is free) and you will automatically be entered into the promotion.
Each qualifying car rental completed during the “One Two Free” promotion is worth 300 points, with a free day awarded once an Emerald Club member earns 600 points. Additional bonus points can be earned through both rental and non-rental activities, including:
- Latin America and Caribbean rental: Rent any size vehicle in Latin America and the Caribbean and earn 300 points (one-time bonus)
- Europe rental: Rent any size vehicle in Europe and earn 300 points (one-time bonus)
- Referring friends: Refer up to 10 friends to join the Emerald Club and register for the “One Two Free” promotion. Earn 300 bonus points when a referred friend becomes an Emerald Club member, registers for the promotion and completes a qualifying rental by Jan. 31, 2016. My referral link here, but feel free to leave yours in the comments section.
- Mobile app: Download National’s mobile app and earn 25 points, use it to book up to four rentals to earn 75 points each time
- Reserve service: Participate in the Emerald Reserve service – which accommodates members who require a specific car class, such as a convertible, SUV, minivan, etc. – at Emerald Aisle locations and earn 25 points (one-time bonus)
- Alliance Drive website: Visit the the Drive Alliance website from the “One Two Free” promotional page and earn 25 points
- Go paperless: Go paperless and receive your membership kit electronically and earn 50 points
- Survey: Complete a quick survey and earn 50 points
- Fuel service: Add the fuel service option to your rental and earn 250 points
- GPS: Get a GPS with your rental and earn 250 points
Free rental day certificates will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of reservation within 48 hours of earning your second rental. Additionally, free rental days are non-transferable. You can look up more FAQs about the promotion here.
National Car Rental will also match your Avis, Hertz, and US Airways status (click here to request a status match):
- Avis Preferred First, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, and US Airways Platinum Preferred = Emerald Club Executive
- Avis President’s Club, Avis Chairman’s Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold President’s Circle, and US Airways Chairman’s Preferred = Emerald Club Executive Elite
Enjoy racking up your free rental certificates! You can use up to three certificates per rental.