This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Earlier today, I wrote about all the offers, promotions, deals, etc. ending today and totally forgot to include the current limited time Marriott credit card sign up offer. This is a great offer for the Marriott card and definitely not one to be missed if it has been on your radar.
- Key Link: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card – Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. $85 annual fee.
While 80,000 points is the highest offer we’ve seen for this card, I do want to point out that the annual fee is NOT waived for the first year, although I personally think the perks outweigh the annual fee.
My Favorite Card Benefits
With the Premier card, you’ll get a free night annually that can be used at any category 1-5 hotel. This is one of the best perks of the card in my opinion. The certificate is good for 6 months from your card renewal date, although for many years I’ve been able to get Marriott to extend the expiration date. I typically use my free night at a hotel that would cost me $150-$200/night. This covers the $85 annual fee plus more.
Additionally, the card comes with 15 nights a year towards status. This will guarantee you silver status, but can also help you earn Gold or Platinum. These 15 nights get added to your account when you apply for the card and then every 12 months thereafter. You can also earn 1 night towards status for every $3,000 spend on the card. If you are interested in credit cards that will help you towards status, make sure to check out this post.
The card (along with many other Chase cards) also come with travel insurance/reimbursement. I personally ONLY use a Chase credit card when booking my flights due to these benefits.
- Trip cancellation insurance — Reimbursement of non-refundable passenger fare due to covered cancellations and emergencies when tickets are purchased with your card (for both silver and premier card)
- Trip delay reimbursement — If your trip is delayed by more than 12 hours due to a covered event, you can be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, like meals and lodging (for both silver and premier card
My Take on the Marriott Premier Credit Card
I personally have had the premier version of for the past 10 years. It is actually the first points earning credit card I ever applied for! At that time I was staying at Marriott hotels 100+ nights a year and it was a great card to use to get 5 points per dollar spent on all my stays. Even though I do not use the Marriott card often anymore (my travel habits have also changed), it is still one that I keep in my wallet as I feel as though I get more out of this card than the $85 annual fee (for the personal version). You can read more about hotel credit cards where the benefits outweigh the annual fee here.
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card – Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. $85 annual fee.
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card – Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. $99 annual fee.
This post contains a referral link for the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card where I will receive 10,000 Marriott points if you apply and get approved for the card. This post does not contain affiliate links.