This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A new Amex Offers promotion just came out where you can get a $50 statement credit with a $250+ purchase at a Westin Hotel. This is a great promotion where you can essentially get up to 20% off your hotel stay! Unfortunately though, this offer is only available through your AmericanExpress.com account (no Twitter hashtag yet), and is targeted. Out of my 5 cards available, only 2 were targeted.
The one caveat to this promotion is that it is only for stays at Westin Hotels & Resorts. All other hotel brands under the Starwood umbrella are excluded (i.e., St. Regis, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, Four Points, aloft, element, ).
I am not quite sure if Westin Hotels sell gift cards, but if they do, you can always walk into one of these hotels and purchase a $250 gift card to trigger the statement credit. If you’ve ever tried to purchase a gift card at a Westin Hotel, please comment below to let me know whether or not they sell them.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync.
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Westin Hotels & Resort offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so make sure to read this post first to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Spend $250+ at a US or US territory Westin Hotel & Resort with your synced Amex card – your total bill must be at least $250 which can include all room charges, incidentals, tax, etc. The transaction must hit your credit card by December 31, 2015!
I recommend enrolling sooner than later to ensure it does not reach maximum capacity.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!