This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
UPDATE: Unfortunately the roundabout method as purchasing the Amazon Prime subscription as a gift is not working. Only new members will benefit. If you are looking to join as a new member you can do so here.
For one day only, tomorrow, Friday, pSeptember 25, 2015, you’ll be able to purchase an Amazon Prime membership for just $67. Typically the price is $99 a year, so a nice 32% savings! This sale is actually valid for those who are already Amazon Prime members and looking to lock in additional years and new members. While Amazon Prime membership did increase last year, Friday’s price will be even cheaper then what it used to be! I’ll be sure to remind you all tomorrow again of this deal, but wanted to give you a heads up so you can figure out whether or not you want to jump on this deal.
With an Amazon Prime subscription you receive the following:
- Free 2-day shipping on items sold by Amazon
- Unlimited movies and TV shows from their collection
- Unlimited music streaming
- Unlimited storage space for your photos
- Early access to sales and deals
- 1 free Kindle e-book a mont
Already an Amazon Prime Member?
If you currently have a prime membership or are not looking to activate a membership just yet, you can lock actually lock in the $67 price for a future time. This can be done by purchasing a gift membership (even though you are really purchasing the gift for yourself!). A gift membership never expires and you can purchase as many as you want, which means you can lock in the $67 for as many years as you desire.
Keep in mind though that locking yourself in at this lower rate will require you to end your current membership when the year is over. That means that if you currently have an Amazon Prime membership that allows you to share your membership with 5 members, that will go away. With new Amazon Prime accounts, you can only share your membership with 1 other person. So just keep that in mind when determining whether or not you want to keep your old membership or purchase a new membership at the discounted rate.
Steps to purchase a membership:
- First, you will need to Edit your membership subscription. You can do this here. Select the “End Membership” button and on the next screen select “End Later.” The date it ends will depend on your specific account. This will allow you to keep your membership till that date, but ensure it does not auto-renew. If the “End Later” option is already greyed out, that means your account has already been set up to not auto-renew.
- Buy an Amazon Prime Subscription Gift. When you go to checkout for this purchase you are able to select the date you want the Amazon Prime gift delivered to the recipient (YOU!). Select the date after your current Amazon subscription ends. So if it ends October 28, 2015, for example, select October 29, 2015.
- If, by some chance you later on decide you do not want another year of Amazon prime, prior to the scheduled delivery date you can call Amazon and they will cancel the gift order.
New Amazon Prime Member?
- Buy an Amazon Prime Subscription Gift. When you go to checkout for this purchase you are able to select the date you want the Amazon Prime gift delivered to the recipient (YOU!). Select the date you want your Amazon Prime subscription to start. The gift will then be delivered at that date allowing you to activate then for a full year from that future point.
- You might as well start at least 30 days from today and get a free months trial first (just make sure to not continue the trial and then activate the gift membership purchased from above).
- Amazon Prime Trial – free 30 day trial
- Amazon Mom Trial – free 30 day trial
- Amazon Student Trial – free 6 month trial! (Amazon Student rates are only $49 everyday, so if you are a student then do not purchase the today only special of $67! – all you need is a .edu email address which anyone can set up at a local community college – with this membership you cannot share it with other people)
Going through the Loophole above will take about a minute of your time and well worth it to save $32 a year! Amazon Prime Subscription Gift memberships DO NOT auto-renew so you will not have to worry about canceling it. However, regular Prime Subscription memberships WILL auto-renew at the the $99/year rate, so if you purchase this type of membership make sure to change your settings from auto-renewing if you aren’t 100% sure you’ll want to continue the service.
Key Links to purchasing this discounted Prime membership:
- Amazon Prime Subscription at $67 – purchase here
- Amazon Prime Subscription Gift at $67 – purchase here