This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
For awhile now, you’ve been able to use your American Express Membership Reward points to pay for Amazon.com purchases. For every 1 point you redeem you get 1 cent off your purchase, definitely not a value I’d redeem my points at. BUT…. for a limited time, if you link your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon.com account you can get $15 off your purchase of $50 or more! Amazon terms & conditions about the offers. There are three stipulations to this deal: 1) You must must not have used points for Amazon purchases in the past 24 months), 2) You must have an American Express credit card that earns Membership Reward points, and 3) you must spend $50 or more on items that are sold and shipped by Amazon. This promotion ends November 13, 2015
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible American Express Card to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $50 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well, so you can go ahead and search for merchant gift cards here.
- On the payment page, select your Membership Rewards earning credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point! Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP9AXP15. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $15 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
If you are not eligible for this offer, you still might be able to get customer service to manually apply the $15 discount to your order. In the past, Amazon customer service has been very generous and applying the offer to accounts that weren’t eligible, so it is worth a try to see if it works this time as well! Directions on contacting customer service and getting this applied are similar to this past post (just keep in mind that the coupon code and discount used in the prior post is for an old promotion – make sure to give customer service the information listed in this blog post).
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $15 free at Amazon!
Thanks to Frequent Miler for letting me know about this promotion!