This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Yesterday I listed out MANY new Amex Offers that appeared in my account. Amongst them was an offer for Toys R Us and Babies R Us. This offer gives you a $5 statement credit at one of these two stores with a $25 or more purchase in a single transaction. This is essentially a 20% discount and fortunately you can take advantage of this offer on every single American Express credit card you have! (Twitter hashtag #AmexToysRUs).
Saving 20% on Merchant Gift Cards!
Well, if you are not in the market for items at Toys R Us or Babies R Us, you can actually purchase gift cards at these two retailers for many other merchants. While gift card availability varies by store, some merchant gift cards include: Amazon, iTunes, Subway, Burger King, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesdays, Chili’s, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, UNOs, Outback, Dunkin’ Donuts, Cracker Barrel, AMC, Ticketmaster, Regal Movies, Xbox, Shell, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
So let’s say you have four eligible American Express credit cards. First off, make sure to register for the offer for each individual card (you must register prior to your purchase). Then, head to your local Toys R Us or Babies R Us store and purchase four $25 gift cards to the merchant of your choice. To make life easy, I suggest purchasing them in separate transactions using a different card for each purchase. Each card is only eligible for the promotion once. This will ultimately get you $100 worth of gift cards for only $80. While you will be paying Toys R Us/Babies R Us the full $25 per gift card, you will see $5 come off as a statement credit within the week.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. Tweet #AmexToysRUs
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Toys R Us/Babies R Us offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
If you have multiple Amex cards, you will need to sync them to different accounts. To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.