This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’ve written about two pretty awesome Amazon promotions over the past month and both have an expiration date of December 31, 2015. So this is a reminder to go ahead and claim that free money over at Amazon!
Promotion #1: Free $15 to Amazon with Amex Offers
With American Express you’ll receive a $15 statement credit with a $60+ purchase at Amazon.com. Unfortunately though this offer is targeted and only available by registering on your AmericanExpress.com account. With that being said, every single one of my accounts (and families accounts) was eligible so it seems like everyone might have been targeted for this offer.
If you are eligible for this promotion and do not have a $60 purchase to make, you can always purchase a gift card, apply it to your account, and then use the credits later.
QUICK TIP: Before you quickly save the offer to your account, check to see if any of your other American Express cards have this offer available. If you have multiple cards available for this offer, you will want toread these instructions first. You need to either have separate accounts for your cards or open up different web browsers before saving the offer.
Promotion #2: $10 Free to Amazon for Chase Ultimate Reward Customers
You can get $10 off a $10 or more purchase at Amazon.com by linking your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and using just 1 point for the purchase (although you can use more it is just not a good redemption value). The item you are purchasing must be sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com to qualify. While purchasing an Amazon.com gift card won’t work, many gift cards to other merchants qualify! You can check all the gift cards sold by Amazon here.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards card here
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $10 or more worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping cart. Remember, merchant gift card purchases work!
- On the Payment page, select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP15CH10S. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.” BUT KEEP ON READING TO SEE HOW YOU CAN STILL TAKE ADVANTAGE
- You will see the $10 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
Note Targeted? Contact Amazon Customer Service!
These type of promotions are extremely common, and many readers (myself included) has been able to get Amazon customer service to manually put the promotion code through if not targeted. You can initiate a customer service chat by going to this Amazon page. Select the “Something Else” tab, “Promotions and deals” from the drop down menu, and click “Chat”.
You can tell the customer service rep: “I have my Chase Ultimate Rewards account linked to my amazon account and I am trying to use a promotion code for paying with my points. The promotion code is SWP15CH10S. It keeps on telling me the offer isn’t valid.” When I’ve done this in the past it took about 5 minutes and a one-time exception was made where the customer service rep manually adjusted my order by $10 (and this one-time exception has happened MANY times). You can shop at Amazon.com here.
For those able to take advantage of either or both promotions, enjoy as free items or money to Amazon is always welcome in my world. Enjoy your free stuff!