This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I’ve written about this promotion many times, but in case you’ve missed it or need a reminder, you only have week left to hand-write your notecards to earn approximately 50,000 IHG points. You can read more about the promotion at these prior posts:
- Spend $46 and Earn at Least 47,000 IHG Points
- Preparing for LOTS of IHG Points *** if there is one post you are going to read, let it be this one!
- 1 Million IHG Points for a Single Postcard
- IHG “Surprises” Update + FAQs
- IHG “Surprises” is Working + Answers to YOUR Questions
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is running a promotion where you can earn a “surprise” prize with every hotel stay. But… since this is a giveaway, you can also enter by simply mailing in an entry (from the comfort of your couch) and forgo actually staying at an IHG hotel. Every entry will earn you a minimum of 500 points with some prizes being much bigger. That means, if you earn 500 points for every prize, you’ll walk away with 47,000 points. From the many reports I’ve read, you’ll most likely earn a few prizes that are worth 1,000, 2,000, or 5,000 points. So if you take that into consideration and average out most people’s winnings, assume approximately 50,000 points.
I submitted all 94 entries throughout November and December. I’ve since received all my prizes and won the following: (1) $50 MasterCard gift card, (3) 1,000 point bonuses, (1) 5,000 point bonus and (89) 500 point bonuses for a grand total of 52,500 points. My total cost was approximately $50 for the stamps, envelopes, and notecards, but… I also won a $50 MasterCard so that offset the price. It also took me approximately 3-4 hours of time. I actually went so far to write the postcards for my husband, my mom, and my dad! So 376 postcards in total! Since their postcards were submitted later than mine, they have not all received all their prize emails. But, I am confident that they will all come in within the next few weeks.
Some Key Things to Know:
- REGISTER FOR THIS PROMOTION! If they receive your entires prior to registration then you most likely will NOT earn the points. You can register here.
- All entries must be postmarked by February 15, 2016. BUT… That Monday is a federal holiday, so make sure that your entries are stamped THIS SATURDAY February 13th. This means DO NOT put them in the mail box Saturday night, Sunday, or even Monday. Thanks to the many readers for pointing this out!
- All entires will win a minimum of 500 points. Assume you’ll earn that number of points per entry and if you win anything higher consider it a bonus!
- All entires MUST be handwritten. However, envelopes can have labels or run through the printer.
- All entires must be sent separately. DO NOT send one envelope with all 94 entires.
Aside from opening up a credit card, this has been one of the easiest ways I’ve earned points in quite some time. While your hand might be sore at the end of the day, I totally think it is worth it!