This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
For the past few days I was getting some grief from blog readers that the Amex Offers were nothing special this year. While I agree they haven’t been amazing thus far in 2016, there have still been some nice offers that have allowed me to save some money (Cell Phone Bill, Jet.com, and Google Shopping Express, for example). With that being said, I am glad to see three pretty decent offers pop up in my account today. And while none of them seem to be available via Twitter, they all appear in all my Amex accounts, so I believe they should be available for everyone (hopefully!). Make sure to use the multiple browser trick to register for the same offer on multiple cards. If you happen to find Twitter hashtags that are not listed below, please let me know!
- Staples.com: Spend $100+, receive a $25 statement credit. Expires 6/19/2016
- Tip: Purchase a Staples gift card online to use in store. Staples gift cards can even be used on stamps in store! Or, purchase a gift card for another merchant online Some have fees, some don’t). Staples also sells Visa gift cards, so if there is nothing else you need to purchase from Staples, you can purchase a $100 Visa gift card online. It will cost you $106.95, but you’ll receive a $25 statement credit. So you are ultimately ahead and profiting $18.05 per registered Amex card.
- Madewell: Spend $125+, receive a $20 statement credit. Expires 5/24/2016
- Tip: For purchases in-store or online. Purchase a gift card in-store to use at J.Crew.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: Spend $50+, receive a $15 statement credit. Expires 7/17/2016
- Tip: Valid at 1-800-Flowers.com , or any of their other brands, i.e. 1-800-Baskets.com, FruitBaskets.com, Cheryl’s, Fannie May, The Popcorn Factory, Stock Yards, Wolferman’s, and Harry & Davids.
As you all know, I absolutely love the American Express Offers concept and have received a bunch of statement credits due to making purchase with a registered Amex credit card. Remember, these promotions are only valuable to those with an American Express card (no Corporate or prepaid cards) and is only a one-time statement credit. Serve and Bluebird cards are now eligible, but Target REDCard is not. There are also limits to the number of people who can register so I suggest doing it now!
If you have multiple Amex cards, you will need to sync them to different accounts. To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.