This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Since credit card offers are constantly changing, I wanted to point out my top offers on a monthly basis. Of course this list does not include all offers currently available, which you can see a compiled list here. Many of these offers are available for limited time, although not all of them have an exact expiration date tied to them. While I typically limit my credit card recommendations to 5, there are actually so many great offers going on right now so I had to include 6! Here are my personal favorite credit cards for April 2016 with my top personal offers listed first.
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card: Earn 80,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on the card in the first three months + Free night (category 1-5) upon annual account renewal. $85 annual fee. As of right now, I am not sure when this offer is ending. To apply for this card, click here and then select the “Limited Time Credit Card Offers” option.
- Perks: Typically this card offers 50,000 points, so an 80,000 point offer great! This is one of the first credit cards I applied for in the points and miles world and while I do not use the card for my every day spend, it is a card I’ve held on to year after year. While the free night upon account renewal is capped at a category 5 hotel, I am always able to get more then $85 out of the free night. I’d say on average I get a $150 value out of the free night. The card also gives 15 nights towards status annually which came in very handy when I used to stay at Marriott hotels often, but needed the extra boost to hit Platinum status.
- Related Blog Posts: Marriott Credit Card 80,000 Point Credit Card Offer!;Marriott Free Night Certificates Valid for 1 Year
- Application Link: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card Application Link (to apply for this card, click here and then select the “Limited Time Credit Card Offers” option)
- Chase Ink Plus: Earn 60,000 points after $5,000 spend within the first three months. Annual fee waived for the first year then $95/year.
- Perks: This card is part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program and points earned can be transferred to many loyalty programs (my favorites being Hyatt, British Airways, and United). One of the best perks of this card is that you get 5x points at office supply stores and on all telecommunication costs (cell phone, internet, etc.). At office supply stores your entire purchase earns the 5x benefit, including gift card purchases! For telecommunications, let’s say you spend $400/month on everything (pretty easy to do for a family, unfortunately!), that will give you 24,000 points a year – or close enough to a domestic plane ticket!
- Related Blog Posts: Limited Time Increased Chase Ink Plus Credit Card Offer; Ultimate Rewards Blog Series
- Application Link: This card is no longer available for new applicants
- Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express: THIS OFFER IS EXPIRED. Get 100,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months. $75 annual fee. Limited time offer expires May 4, 2016. *Terms and conditions apply.
- Perks: Receive HHonors Gold status just by being a cardmember and earn HHonors Diamond status if you make $40,000 or more in purchases on the card within the calendar year. Hilton Gold status will get you complimentary breakfast and potentially lounge access. Earn 12x points at Hilton Hotels, 6x points at U.S. gas stations, supermarkets, and restaurants, and 3x points on all other purchases
- Related Blog Posts: 100,000 Hilton Points with the Hilton Surpass Credit Card; Hilton HHonors Blog Series
- Application Link: Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express: THIS OFFER IS EXPIRED.Get 75,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months. No annual fee. Limited time offer expires May 4, 2016. *Terms and conditions apply.
- Perks: Receive HHonors Silver status just by being a cardmember and earn HHonors Gold status if you make $20,000 or more in purchases on the card within the calendar year. Hilton Gold status will get you complimentary breakfast and potentially lounge access. Earn 7x points at Hilton Hotels, 5x points at U.S. gas stations, supermarkets, and restaurants, and 3x points on all other purchases
- Related Blog Posts: 75,000 Bonus Points with the No Annual Fee Hilton Card; Hilton HHonors Blog Series
- Application Link: Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express: THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED. $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. No annual fee. Limited time offer valid for applications received by April 27, 2016. *Terms and limitations apply.
- Perks: This card rivals the Chase Ink Classic and Cash card where you earn 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless phone providers purchased directly from the U.S. wireless phone provider (up to the first $25,000 spend) and 3% cash back on a category of your choice (select one out of seven categories, up to $25,000 spend). With this card you also have access to the American Express OPEN Savings where you’ll receive a 5% statement credit at participating merchants (Hertz, Hyatt, FedEx, etc.). And since it is an American Express you can take advantage of my favorite promotions – the Amex Offers where you can earn statement credits for select purchases.
- Related Blog Posts: Amex SimplyCash Business Credit Card Offer; American Express Open Savings Program; Amex Sync Promotions
- Application Link: American Express SimplyCash Business Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Select Visa: Earn 60,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first three months. First year annual fee is waived, then $49 a year.
- Perks: The absolute best perk of the InterContinental Hotels Group credit card is that you get a free award night annually starting with your first anniversary year. This free night can be used at ANY InterContinental property (which includes Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, EVEN, Staybridge Suites, Hotel Indigo). They have some amazing properties, including Bora Bora, Rome, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Miami South Beach, etc. This more then pays for the $49 a year fee! Also, when using your points you earn a 10% rebate on any award redemption.
- Related Blog Posts: IHG 70,000 Point Offer; Using IHG Visa Free Night at an Expensive InterContinental Hotel; Free Night Annually with the IHG Credit Card
- Application Link: IHG Rewards Club Select Visa; To review and apply for this card, click here and then select the “Hotel Credit Card Offers” option.
What are some of your favorite offers?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for some of the offers listed. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!