This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is a reminder that today is the last day to register for the absolute best JetBlue promotion of the year (and maybe even the century!). The promotion is pretty simple, if you have Virgin America points, JetBlue will match the number of points you have (plus more!) if you register and take one roundtrip JetBlue flight by August 31, 2016. You can read all about this promotion here.
Essentially, all you have to do is submit a copy of your Virgin America Elevate Point balance by July 4, 2016 – TODAY. Then after your JetBlue flight, you will earn the following number of points based on the chart below. This means you’ll earn a minimum of the number of Elevate points you have, and possibly even more depending on the range you are in. This is also IN ADDITION to the regular JetBlue points you’d earn for the flight.
If you have a healthy Virgin America Elevate points balance, you could be looking at a ton of JetBlue points! This could definitely be mileage run worthy. Find a cheap $120 roundtrip flight, for example, and if you can earn 75,000 JetBlue points that is worth over $1,000! JetBlue points are typically worth 1.4-1.5 cents per point, although sometimes there are generous promotions when redeeming your points giving them more value.
Steps to Take Advantage of this Promotion:
- Take a screen shot of your Virgin America Elevate dashboard. It must include your first name, last name, and point balance.
- Send the screen shot to email@example.com by July 4, 2016. Only points in your Elevate account through this date will count. In the email, make sure to include your name and TrueBlue number.
- JetBlue will send you an email letting you know you are registered for the promotion.
- Book and fly one roundtrip JetBlue flight by August 31, 2016. It must be a roundtrip flight on a single itinerary. From the terms and conditions, previously booked flights will not qualify. Only flights booked after you are confirmed for the promotion will qualify (although it will be interesting to see if that is actually true).
- The bonus JetBlue points will be posted within 4-6 weeks of your flight.
Some Ways to Earn Virgin America Points:
There are a few ways to earn Virgin America points even if you do not fly them often. For example:
- Through their refer-a-friend promotion a few months back. You could earn up to 2,500 points just by referring a friend, although my points never posted! If your points never posted, based on personal experience, goodluck trying to actually get Virgin America to post them.
- Transfer Membership Reward points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 2:1 ratio (200 Membership Reward points = 100 Elevate points)
- Transfer Citi ThankYou points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 2:1 ratio (200 ThankYou points = 100 Elevate points)
- Transfer Starwood Preferred Guest points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 1:1 ratio (1,000 SPG points = 1,000 Elevate points), but for every 20,000 points transferred, you’ll receive a 5,000 point bonus
Keep in mind though that your points might not post instantly. While Starwood is the best transfer option, there have been varying reports on when the points will post. Some people had points post the same day, while others took 24 hours. Transferring points today will not guarantee that they are in your account today to allow you to register.
If you have Virgin America points, I highly suggest registering and taking advantage of this promotion. I personally am trying to find the cheapest same day roundtrip JetBlue flight out of Boston. As of right now, the best option for me is a mileage run to JFK for a little less than $150 roundtrip. I am trying to find better options, but since I’ll be bringing a 3 year old and newborn in tow, I cannot be too flexible on flight times. Even though my newborn is eligible as a lap child, I’ll happily pay for him to get his own seat to earn the bonus points!
Where are you flying?