This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
A new Amex Offer just popped up where targeted card members can receive a $50 statement credit when spending $300+ on ANY AIRLINES AIRFARE! You’ll have to sign into your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are targeted as there’s no Twitter hashtag for this promotion. Before adding the offer to your card, make sure to use the multi-browser trick to register multiple cards. Unfortunately though, it seems like this offer is available on less then 50% of Amex cards.
With this offer, it must be a single transaction of $300 or more. That means a few separate airline tickets that eventually equal $300 or more, will NOT trigger the statement credit.
Additionally, this should work when purchasing a gift card directly through the airline. As long as it codes as the airline on your statement and not a third-party resale site, the statement credit should trigger.
Feel free to comment below with your experience!
To learn more about the American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.