This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Over the past few months I’ve written about some awesome kick ass Amex Offers where I really hope you all are taking advantage of them! While many of them are for random shopping merchants, I wanted to highlight the ones that will specifically save you money for travel. Some merchants are travel related, there are others that aren’t as straight forward, but I want to ensure you keep an open mind to all merchants as some will allow a back door method to actually save money on travel! At many stores, you can purchase a travel related gift card which will trigger the statement credit! So here are the merchants where you can receive a statement credit for travel related purchases:
- Hilton Garden Inn: Spend $170+, receive a $35 statement credit. Expires 10/31/2016. Tweet #AmexHGI. Related Blog Post
- Sheraton Hotels: Spend $250+, get a $50 statement credit. Tweet: #AmexSheraton. Expires 10/31/2016. Blog Post
- Ritz-Carlton Hotels: Spend $500+, get a $100 statement credit. Tweet: #AmexRitz. Expires 11/30/2016. Blog Post
- Airfare: Spend $300+ on airfare, get a $50 statement credit. No specific airline required. Expires 10/31/2016. Blog Post
- AmexTravel.com: Spend $500+, get a $80 statement credit. Expires 9/30/2016.
- Tip: Must made a prepaid hotel booking through AmexTravel.com to trigger the statement credit.
- Hilton: Spend $200+, receive 3,000 Membership Rewards points. Expires 10/18/2016.
- Tip: Only valid at Hilton hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio in the U.S., including properties in Puerto Rico and Guam. Reservation must be made directly with Hilton, not a third-part reservation site.
- Budget Car Rental: Spend $200+, get a $20 statement credit. Expires 8/31/2016.
- Tip: Valid only at Budget US locations. Charge must hit your credit card by August 31st, so if you have a prepaid rental for a date after that, but booked by the expiration date, that will trigger the statement credit.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Spend $25+, get a $5 statement credit. Tweet: #AmexBBB. Expires 9/5/2016.
- At Bed Bath & Beyond you can purchase: Visa gift cards
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: Receive 5% cash back up to a $100 statement credit. Expires 8/31/2016.
- Tip: Valid on a single transaction of $100 or more. You’ll receive the 5% cash back just once.
- At BJ’s Wholesale club you can purchase: Visa and Southwest (gift cards available vary by store, so you might have additional travel related ones available in your local store).
- Staples: Spend $200+, get a 5% statement credit up to $250. Expires 8/31/2016.
- At Staples you can purchase: Visa, gas gift cards (Shell), and Southwest
- Home Depot: Spend $200+, get a 5% statement credit up to $250. Expires 8/31/2016.
- At Home Depot you can purchase: Visa and many gas gift cards (i.e., Shell, BP, et.c)
I hope you all are able to take advantage of some of these offers to save money on upcoming travel! Let me know if you have any questions!