This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I am happy to see that the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN has reverted back to a point bonus offer for new cardmembers. For a month or so, they dabbled with offering two free nights (capped at a category 5 hotel) which was not as generous or flexible as their standard offer of 25,000 points. While we’ve seen better offers in the past (as high as 35,000 points after meeting the minimum spend) those increased offers are few and far between right now and I’d be surprised to see them again due to the upcoming merger. But you never know!
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN (business): Earn 25,000 Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first three months; $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. Terms Apply.
Additional card benefits
While this offer is specifically for the business version of the card, they have many of the same benefits as the personal version. Here are all the card benefits for both the personal and business card:
- One (1) SPG points for every $1 spent on every day purchases and one (1) additional SPG points for every $1 spent at participating Starwood properties (for a total of four (4) points)
- Receive 5 nights and 2 stay credits toward SPG elite status each year (if you have both the business and personal card that will equal 10 nights and 4 stays towards status yearly)
- Gold status if you spend at least $30,000 per year on your card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- Get free nights at over 1,200 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
Difference between personal and business versions
While many of the benefits are the same, the business version has a leg up as there are two perks that are not available to personal cardmembers:
- With the business version of the card you are eligible to American Express OPEN savings. This gives you 5% statement credit when you use your card at many merchants, including: FedEx, Hertz, etc. You can read more about AMEX Open savings here.
- Last year a new perk was added to the business credit card where you’ll receive free club lounge access at all Sheraton hotels. If you stay at Sheraton hotels and do not have top tier status, this can be a HUGE perk, as you’ll free food and drinks.
Transfer your SPG Points to Marriott Points
Even if you aren’t an SPG person, this is a way to increase your Marriott balance as well. With the SPG and Marriott merger underway, you can transfer your SPG points to Marriott at a 1:3 ratio. So the 25,000 points from the sign up offer equal a nice 75,000 Marriott points.
I personally am a fan of this card due to the Sheraton lounge access and that it is an American Express. I love Amex Offers that end up making me money due to the numerous statement credit opportunities. Also, since this is a business card, this does not go against Chase’s “5/24” rule which is awesome!
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN (business): Earn 25,000 Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first three months; $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. *Terms Apply.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!