This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
A new Amex Offers just came out where you can receive a statement credit for up to $250 at Sam’s Club. Unfortunately though, this is a targeted offer and out of all of mine and my husbands American Express cards, we only received this offer on one card. If you have this offer on multiple cards, make sure to read this post first and use the multiple browser trick. With this offer, you’ll receive a 20% statement credit on your purchase up to $250. This is on a single transaction in-store where you must purchase at least $100 or more. To fully maximize this offer, you’ll want to make a $1,250 purchase during one swipe of your registered card.
Over the course of the day, I did a bunch of digging, and found a bunch of ways to fully maximize on the deal. Here is what I found:
- Purchase another merchants Gift Card at a discount: Sam’s Club (similar to Costco and BJ’s) sells gift cards to many other merchants at a discount. For example, Disney, Southwest Airlines, restaurant gift cads, etc.
- Disney: Sam’s Club sells $500 Disney gift cards for $474.98 and $150 Disney gift cards for $142.98. Purchase two $500 gift cards and two $150 gift cards and that will cost you $1,235.92. Using your registered American Express gift card will give you a 20% statement credit of $247.18. This ultimately means you are purchasing $1,300 worth of Disney gift cards for $988.73! These Disney gift cards can be used on Disney tickets, Disney cruises, and anything else at a Disney park!
- Southwest Airlines: Sam’s Club sells $150 Southwest gift cards for $142.98. Purchase 8 of these for $1,143.84. Using your registered American Express gift card will give you a 20% statement credit of $228.76. This ultimately means you are purchasing $1,200 worth of Southwest gift cards for $915.07!
- Many other gift cards! There are a slew of gift cards, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Coldstone Creamery, Regal Cinemas, etc. that are always 20% off. So a $50 gift card costs $39.98. Purchase 31 of these gift cards for a total of $1,239.38. Using your registered American Express gift card will give you a 20% statement credit of $247.87. This means you are purchasing $1,550 of the desired gift card for only $991.51. This is by far the best deal IF there are gift cards that you’d typically use anyways!
- Purchase a MasterCard Gift Card: Some stores even sell MasterCard gift cards. While they do not sell at a discount off the normal price, you can still get the 20% statement credit. Remember though, purchasing these gift cards do carry a small fee. You’ll want to purchase the variable ones that you can select a denomination between $20-$500 that comes with a $4.94 fee. To fully maximize, purchase two $500 gift cards and one $235 gift card. After the 20% statement credit, you’ll ultimately be paying $999.85 for $1,235 worth of gift cards. You can then use the gift card as cash at any merchant that accepts Mastercards.
- Purchase Sam’s Club gift cards. Purchase $1,250 worth of Sam’s Club gift cards for $1,000. You can then use a Sam’s Club gift card at Walmart if you prefer.
While the already discounted gift card options have the highest percentage off after all is said and done, if you’d prefer a more flexible option, go with the MasterCard gift card option.
For those of you who have this offer multiple times, I am very jealous and highly suggest taking advantage! This is a great way to save a ton of money! To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.