This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Some of you might remember the IHG “Priceless Surprises” promotion from last year. While this promotion is back, it is not nearly as lucrative as last year. And this time around, they are calling it IHG “Priceless Experiences”. Fortunately though, this promotion will not include hand writing a million postcards! Unfortunately though, there is no guarantee that you will win a prize as it is a random drawing unlike last year. This promotion will run between December 1, 2016 and February 15, 2017. You can learn more about this promotion and register here.
Every single person is eligible to enter the IHG/Mastercard Sweepstake. You DO NOT have to stay at an IHG hotel to participate. While those that stay at an IHG hotel are eligible to receive Mastercard gift cards, I am focusing this post on the Sweepstake portion. I’ll write about the gift cards in another post.
There are two ways to enter:
- Hotel Stay: For every qualifying stay at an IHG hotel where you pay with a Mastercard, you’ll be entered into the Sweepstake for that week.
- Online Entry: You can also enter into the Sweepstake once a day with NO purchase necessary. To do this, you must complete the following:
- Go to PricelessExperiencesSweepstakes.prizelogic.com – this page will not be active until December 1, 2016
- Enter your IHG Rewards Club member number
- Confirm that you are a Mastercard holder as of 11/15/16 (my assumption is EVERYONE can say they have a Mastercard)
- Watch a short video
There are 11 entry periods and you are eligible to enter to the random drawing once a day.
At the end of each entry period there will be a random drawing which will include 2 first prize winners and 8 second prize winners. That means over the course of the 11 weeks there will be a total of 22 first prize winners and 88 second prize winners. This means your chances are winning are pretty low. Also, those that did not win from one week will not carry over to the next week. You must re-enter every week to qualify. Last year, every entry won something, but that is not the case this year.
At the end of the 11 weeks, there will be a final drawing that will include all the entries from 11 weeks. There will be 5 random winners to receive this grand prize.
First prize winners: Each week, the 2 first prize winners can select one of these seven prizes
- BeoPlay A6 Music System ($999.99)
- LG 55” UHD Smart LED TV ($1099.99)
- Canon Thule Camera ($1619.95)
- Garmin Multisport GPS Watch, MyCharge portable charger and 360 Fly 360 Action Camera w/ Virtual Reality Goggles ($1029.96)
- Wine Enthusiast 18 Bottle Touchscreen 2-temp Wine Refrigeration with Electric Wine Opener and a set of 6 Baccarat Wine Glasses ($1379.00)
- Thule Kent Bike his and hers 700c Retro Hybrid Bike with Thule Doubletrack 2 Bike Hitch Rack ($999.93)
- Jura Impressa C60 Automatic Coffee Center $1300.00
Second prize winners: Additionally, the 8 second prize winners will receive 60,000 IHG points.
Grand Prize winners: The 5 Grand Prize winners will receive a trip for 2 to Chicago, Illinois from May 18, 2017 to May 21, 2017. This will include 2 round-trip coach airline tickets, 3 nights in a standard room at a hotel in or near Chicago, ground transportation between the hotel and airport, a spa experience, a helicopter tour of Chicago skyline, a private wine tasting event, 1 $600 Mastercard Prepaid Card, dinner with Chef Graham Elliott at DL Loft, select meals, and a $5,000 check made payable to the winner.
While last year’s IHG’s Priceless Surprises promotion was a sh*t show, it actually turned out well for most folks. Everyone was able to earn a minimum of 47,000 IHG points. And one Deals We Luck reader even won 1,000,000 IHG points! This time around, there will only be a total of 115 winners. While I will definitely be entering ever day from the comfort of my home (why not!), I do not have high hopes of winning anything. I personally wish last year’s promotion came back, but since it was so poorly run, I am not surprised.