This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
First thing this morning, I wrote about a whole bunch of new Amex Offers. One of these being Neiman Marcus where you can receive a $50 statement credit on a $200+ purchase. This offer is for online only, BUT… you can purchase Neiman Marcus gift cards online. If you actually have a use for this offer on a Neiman Marcus purchase, that is great. But, if you have no desire to shop at this extremely expensive overpriced store, you can actually make a profit on this offer!
As I mentioned above, with this offer you’ll spend $200 and receive a $50 statement credit. That means your actual out of pocket spend once the statement credit comes through (usually within a week after your purchase), you’ll actually be spending $150 for the gift card. Through Gift Card Granny, it looks like you can currently sell that $200 gift card for $167 (through Cardpool and they will pay you immediately). While you can actually make more through some other sites, it is not an instant sell and instead requires a buyer to actually purchase the gift card, although you can set your own price and potentially make more. Or, you can always opt for a different type of payout from these sites and actually get paid more, i.e., Amazon gift card, Hotels.com gift card, etc. Assume a $167 purchase for your $200 gift card and ultimately you are $17 ahead PER registered American Express. You’ll want to purchase a Neiman Marcus e-gift card since the physical gift cards come with a $5 shipping fee.
While $17 might not sound like a big deal, if you have a bunch of American Express credit cards eligible for this offer, you can end up making a few hundred dollars! Between my husband and I, we have 9 eligible cards for this offer. That means for probably an hours worth of work at most, I am earning $153. And on top of that, I’ll be getting $150 worth of points on my respective cards, which is about $15 in my case.
To register your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the Neiman Marcus offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button. Make sure to read the multi-browser trick first!
- I’d go ahead and save the offer sooner then later as you never know when it will hit maximum enrollment!
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.