This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: This offer is no longer available. You can learn more about the current offer here.
Almost a year ago, American Express introduced a new card, the SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express. Back in October they just upped their sign up bonus where you can now earn up to $500 cash back. That is double the cash back than their initial offer when the card was publicly launched back. This card is very similar to the existing SimplyCash card (non-Plus version), but allows big spenders to earn even more points! This card offer is expiring TOMORROW, January 25, 2017 and I assume the offer to revert back to a $250 cash back offer. This card also has no annual fee! Note: The links on this site will be disabled at 1pm ET tomorrow.
- SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express: Earn up to $500 cash back as statement for new applications through January 25, 2017.
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card membership.
Earning points with this card…
Similar to the existing version of the card, you’ll still earn points in the following manner:
- 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless phone services purchased directly from U.S. wireless providers.
- 3% cash back at a category of your choice.
- Airfare purchased from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers —> this is a new category only for the SimplyCash Plus card
- 1% cash back on all other purchases and after you hit the spend threshold on the bonus categories
With this card you are capped at earning the 5% and 3% cash back on purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year. This is a very generous cap, while the non-Plus version is capped at $25,000. The cap is on a yearly basis and after that you earn 1% cash back on on those category purchases. For the regular user, this is not a huge advantage, but if you are a big spender, these extra points can add up big time!
- Access to the American Express OPEN Savings program. I wrote about this more here, but essentially you can get 5% as a statement credit at participating merchants, i.e., Hertz. There are stipulations to each program, so make sure to look at the prior post about the certain caveats. If you were to rent Hertz card often, for example, and selected the 3% cash back on car rentals, this would end up giving you 8% cash back.
- Receive statement credits with Amex Offers. Since this is an American Express credit card, you’ll be eligible to take advantage of more American Express offers. This means you can earn statement credits at many popular merchants with a credit card that doesn’t have an annual fee! If you partake in these offers then you are already ahead! I am personally able to earn thousands of dollars back a year with all my cards combined!
This is a great cash back offer for a no annual fee credit card! Typically credit card sign up offers that give you money in your pocket (instead of points/miles) and do not come with a yearly charge have a far less sign up bonus. With that being spend, the minimum spend to earn the points is high, but you do have a good portion of the year to hit the threshold. If you are in the market for a no annual fee cash back card with a nice sign up bonus, I highly recommend this card. It also does give you a nice return on some common purchases based on the category you select. Also, this card DOES NOT go against Chase’s “5/24” rule since it is a business card. None of American Express business cards currently count against Chase’s “5/24” rule.
- SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express: Earn up to $500 cash back as statement for new applications through January 25, 2017 –> Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card membership.
*Terms and limitations apply
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!