This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Today’s Daily Getaway promotion (Week 1, Day 3) is offering the opportunity to purchase IHG Reward points at a discount. IHG Reward points can be used at any InterContinental Hotel Group brand which includes: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, hotel Indigo, EVENT hotels, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.
With this offer you can get:
- 8,500 IHG Rewards Club Points for $49 (1,000 available); cost = .576 cents per point –> this is the cheapest price per point
- 15,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $89 (1,000 available); cost = .593 cents per point
- 25,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $149 (750 available); cost = .596 cents per point
- 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $299 (755 available); cost = .598 cents per point
- 100,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $589 (2,900 available); cost = .589 cents per point
- 130,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $749 (1,000 available); cost = .576 cents per point –> this is the cheapest price per point
With these six packages you are purchasing points between .576 and .598 cents per point. This is a decent offer since the cheapest you are able to purchase IHG points on a daily basis through a roundabout method is .7 cents per point. However, there are also times when IHG sells their points with a 100% bonus and during those sales you are purchasing points at .58 cents per point. So this Daily Getaways sale is almost on par with a 100% bonus on purchasing points, but you just do not have to wait for the sale to come around. The only difference is that when you purchase points you are maxed at 120,000 points per year. With this particular sale it does not go towards your maximum purchase limit, so you can actually take part in both offers.
However, like all point offers, I do not suggest purchasing speculatively. Programs can devalue and you do not want to be stuck with points that you ultimately do not need. With that being said, the IHG program just devalued last year so I do not foresee a devaluation anytime soon, but you never know!
The great thing about this offer is that there are a slew available! The past few years it took awhile for them to sell out, so if you want to get in on this offer you have a very good chance.
Remember, IHG also offers Point Break hotels where there is an entire list of hotels that only cost 5,000 points a night! It is a great opportunity to stay for cheap if there is a hotel on the list that you are looking to stay at. A three-night stay at a Point Break hotel, for example, will hardly cost you anything!
This deal will go on sale at 1pm EST TODAY Wednesday April 12, 2017. As previously mentioned, there are many available for this offer, but I still suggest trying to purchase one sooner than later.
You can find out more about the Daily Getaway promotions here.