This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
The extremely long anticipated Grand Hyatt Baha Mar resort in Nassau Bahamas is opening May 29, 2017. While this is the millionth time that they’ve set an opening date, it is really happening. I know many vacations were cancelled and even ruined a few years back when the resort kept on pushing back their start today, but if you can put that behind you, this really should be a spectacular resort.
Starting today, you can go ahead and book reservations. While it looks like this hotel is a category 5 (requiring 20,000 points for a free night), there does not seem to be any availability online. My assumption is that there is a glitch in the system which is making it so award nights do not appear and hopefully will be fixed soon. Rates for a standard room for this summer are about $350ish/night, the fall is about $300ish/night, the winter is about $350ish/night (although school vacation week is extremely expensive at about $700+/night), and next spring is about $370ish/night. It looks like you can make a reservation online through the end of April 2018. If you call, however, an agent might be able to see availability further out (or ever be able to put through an award stay for you). Unfortunately, the rates seem to be slightly higher then they were when the hotel was originally taking reservations back in October 2014. And at that time it was also a category 4 property.
About Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
This hotel on Cable Beach will feature 707 rooms and the amenities are supposed to be top notch. This hotel could possibly trump the Atlantis from what I’ve heard. There is a beach, casino, spa, restaurants, bars, and lounges. From the pictures it looks absolutely beautiful!
These photos are taken directly from Hyatt’s website
The hotel states it will have:
- 1800 total rooms including 230 suites and residences; all rooms have either a step-out or full balcony; Grand Club accommodations available
- 3,000 feet of pristine beach
- 7 Pools and a Beach Sanctuary
- Hobby Horse Nature Preserve
- Water Sports
- 20 culinary restaurant options including fresh seafood grill, pool grill, international buffet, Pan-Asian noodle bar, Chinese cuisine and casual bites
- 11 Bars & Lounges featuring cocktails and light fare in bars by the pool, Casino and restaurants
- Situated on 3,000 feet of white sandy beach
- Grand Club Lounge & accomodations
- Fitness Center
- 100,000 square feet of gaming excitement; the casino floor will rival the best around the world
- Destination Spa — 30,000 square feet of divine relaxation – managed by espa
- 18-hole, 72-par Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, Royal Blue
- Tennis courts & facilities
- 200,000 sq ft of flexible indoor & outdoor meeting/event spaces
- 82,000 sq ft Convention, Arts & Entertainment Center: three ballrooms & 16 breakouts
I am personally very excited to visit this hotel at some point. From a point redemption, I personally like to get 2 cents per point when redeeming my Hyatt points, so for off-peak times, it doesn’t seem like using points will be worth it, but during the school vacation weeks this and other holiday time periods, this is a great usage of points! Will you be making a reservation at this hotel?
Thanks to MommyPoints for letting me know about the opening!