This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
For the past two years, Amazon has run “Amazon Prime Day” which for the most part has offered deals similar to or even better then Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Fortunately, Amazon announced that it will be running this fabulous sale for the 3rd year in a row, although the exact date is still TBD. In 2015, the one-day-sale was on Wednesday July 15, in 2016 it was on Tuesday July 11, so the assumption is that this year will fall somewhere between July 10 and July 13. Amazon will definitely let us know ahead of time though! And in the past there was Amazon Prime week which offered some deals a week prior to the official “Amazon Prime Day”. Hopefully, they will have a full week of deals this year as well!
While the Amazon Prime Day page is not yet updated with any information for 2017, the description for the Amazon site when you google “Amazon Prime Day” shows that Amazon Prime Day 2017 is coming soon. This page will list all information including dates and deals!
What were some of the deals for Amazon Prime Day 2016?
While there is no way to say if the deals will be exactly the same, here are some of the more popular deals we saw in 2016:
- Samsung UN55KU6600 Premium Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (2016 model) – $649.99
- Xbox One 500GB Console + $50 Amazon Gift Card + Halo 5 Guardians + Xbox One Special Edition Dusk Shadow Wireless Controller + Forza Horizon 2 – $279.00
- 50% off select Bose headphones
- Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 12.5″ Convertible Ultrabook – $799.99
- Up to 40% off select SanDisk memory products
- Fire Kids Tablet 7″ – $69.99
- Save up to 33% on Fire Tablets
- Save $50 on Amazon Echo
- Save $30 on Amazon Fire TV
- Save $15 on Fire TV Stick
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite
- Up to 50% off top toy brands including Nerf, Barbie, Fisher-Price and more
- Up to 50% off electric shavers, hair tools, and more
- Up to 60% off athletic shoes
You need an Amazon Prime account!
Unfortunately, the only way to gain access to the Amazon Prime Day deals is by having an Amazon Prime account, or using a friend/family members account who is an Amazon Prime member. Amazon Prime membership is up to $99 a year or $10.99/month, or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial (just wait a few weeks before signing up). Or, if you have a student e-mail address, you can get an Student Amazon Prime membership for half price or a free 6-month trial membership.