This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Just yesterday, JetBlue announced a status match and status challenge opportunity for those looking for a quick and easy way to earn JetBlue Mosaic status. JetBlue typically tuns this type of promotion during the summer, so I am happy to see it return again! There are two options:
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Challenge – Earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within 90 days and you’ll qualify for Mosaic status through December 31, 2018! You have until August 14, 2017 to request the challenge, so make sure you strategically plan out when you’ll start the challenge as you have 90 days from that particular date. With that being said, it could take JetBlue a few days to acknowledge your request and update your account and only flights taken once you are registered will count.
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Match – If you already have status on another airline, you will get automatic Mosaic status through the rest of 2017. Current status includes:
- Alaska Airlines: Mileage PlanTM MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75k
- American Airlines: AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, or Executive Platinum
- Delta: SkyMiles Medallion Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Diamond
- Southwest: Rapid Rewards A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United: MileagePlus Premier Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Premier1K
- Virgin America: Elevate Silver or Gold
Steps to take advantage:
- For the status match: By August 14, 2017, upload your proof of status for one of the above loyalty programs. Acceptable proof includes a copy of your statement or current credentials card and within two weeks you’ll receive an email stating that you’ve been enrolled. **Mosaic status and benefits will not be effective until JetBlue notifies you via email of your Mosaic status; no retroactive Mosaic status or benefits will be granted.
- Also, if you are able to earn 3,750 base flight points within 90 days of when your match begins (once you’ve receive the acceptance email) you can then maintain your status through the end of 2018. If you are not able to earn those base points, your status will be valid through the end of 2017.
- For the status challenge: Also by August 14, 2017, sign up for the challenge and once you’ve receive the acceptance email, earn 3,750 base points within 90 days. Your status will then be valid through the end of 2018. You do not have to have status on another airline to take part in the challenge.
How do I earn 3,750 base flight points?
Base flight points are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your JetBlue flight purchase. JetBlue does not calculate points based on mileage flown, but instead the dollar value of your flight. This means you must spend $1,250 on JetBlue flights during the 90 day time period. Unfortunately, bonus points, partner points, and booking bonuses will not count.
What does Mosaic status get me?
While Mosaic status isn’t nearly as good as having status on some other airlines, it still will get you something. My favorite perk of the program is that change and cancellation fees are waived for Mosaic members and others on the itinerary. However, if you use points, any taxes paid will go into your travel bank and you have 1 year to use them. You’ll also earn an additional 3 TrueBlue points per dollar on your JetBlue flight, for a total of up to 9 points per dollar if you book on jetblue.com. You’ll also get 2 free checked bags for you and any others on your itinerary. You also get free booze on the flight! You can learn more about Mosaic status here.
With Mosaic status you also earn 15,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points. It states on the page that this is a perk, but unfortunately if you earn status through a match, you will NOT earn these bonus points. However, you will earn the points if you are able to earn status through the challenge option.
I personally will be able to get the status match simply by having the Southwest Companion Pass. This is the same way I was able to get the match last year. My husband, on the other hand, will go for the 90 day challenge to earn his status through 2018. He is going to strategically sign up for the challenge when he knows he has a ton of JetBlue flights coming up. He flies often on JetBlue for work so this will be huge for him!
If you have status you might as well go ahead and match to the Mosaic status as you never know when it will come in handy.