This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Similar to the cell phone offer I just wrote about, there is also an Amex Offer where you can receive a statement credit (or Amex Membership Reward points) by paying your cable bill with a registered American Express card. This is for all US Cable or Satellite providers. Again, this one is also heavily targeted, but you might see one of these offers in your account:
- Spend $100+, get 1,000 Membership Rewards Points. You can take advantage of this offer 3 times, so a total of 3,000 Membership Reward points
- Get 10% back, up to $30 in statement credits. You’ll receive the statement credit every time you use your registered card.
To Register your Amex Card for this Promotion
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. This offer is not available via Twitter.
- Find the “Save on your cable or satellite TV vill” offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
- The charge must hit your account by November 15, 2017.
Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to register multiple cards. Do not click the “Add to Card” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
This type of offer seems to appear once a year and is always an easy way to save some money on your TV bills. Now, I personally pay my cable bill with my Chase Ink card since I get 5x points (the Amex SimplyCash card also gives 5x points). While 5x points is better than the 1x point you’ll earn with almost any other American Express card, getting a 10% return is very desirable. While The 5x points pretty much equal 10% when redeeming for travel, I’d prefer cash in my pocket now.
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!