This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A new Amex Offer was just launched where you can receive a statement credit on your registered American Express card just for paying your cell phone bill! This includes AT&T, Spring, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon. Unfortunately though, this is a targeted offer (very targeted) and you might see one of the following offers:
- Spend $100+, get 1,000 Membership Rewards Points. You can take advantage of this offer 3 times, so a total of 3,000 Membership Reward points
- Get 10% back, up to $30 in statement credits. You’ll receive the statement credit every time you use your registered card.
To Register your Amex Card for this Promotion
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. This offer is not available via Twitter.
- Find the “Save On Your Cell Phone Bill Online” offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
- The charge must hit your account by November 15, 2017.
Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to register multiple cards. Do not click the “Add to Card” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
I’ve taken advantage of many Amex cell phone offers in the past and have always maximized by paying my cell phone bill in advance with Verizon. I am not sure about the other carriers, but Verizon makes it very easy to put a credit on your account. If you want to do this, just put a one time credit of $300 on your account with your registered card and you’ll immediately get the $30 statement credit. Or, if you have the Membership Rewards bonus offer, three straight days in a row add charge $100 to your account. You can do this for every registered card you have!
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!